[SOLVED] New Build Not Being Recognised By Monitor

ElPoutah

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
Hi All,

I've recently put together a new build, and upon completion went to plug her into my monitor and found that it was completely unrecognised. My monitor read, 'HDMI Not Detected'.
I'm unsure of where to begin my troubleshooting, after having tested the HDMI, monitor and graphics card on a separate system.
I've also tried disconnecting the graphics card and plugging my HDMI into the motherboard itself to the same result, 'HDMI Not Detected'.

Thankyou in advance for any help, it is very much appreciated.

Build Information:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU Fan: Noctua (NH-D15)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO plus NVMe SSD 500GB
PSU: Corsair HX750i Platinum 750W
Wireless Adapter: ASUS PCE-AC56 Dual-Band Wireless AC1300 PCI-E Adapter
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSD1 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM
Case: Antec P101-Silent Mid Tower
Monitor: ASUS VE248H 24in Widescreen LED Monitor

Last edited:
Solution
Yes all lights and fans are starting up as expected, and my fan speed controller is working.
My restart button however is not working, I'm not sure if this could be related.
All pins are looking fine, nothing bent.

If you short the reset pins on the JFP1 header with a screwdriver does it reset? I realise it's hard to tell if you have no display.

I, personally, would strip everything out of the case and start by breadboarding it with just the CPU, RAM and GPU.

You say you tested things on a separate system. Did each component work on the other system?

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics so you won't see anything plugging in to the motherboard anyway.
Have you ensured that your 8 pin GPU power cable is attached?

Try disconnecting everything but the RAM, CPU and GPU?

Are you getting any beeps or debug lights from the mobo?

Reactions: ElPoutah

ElPoutah

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
Hi Greigm78,

Thankyou for relpying!
My 8-pin cable has properly been attached, I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times, and have ensured the 'click' takes place. I've done this with all of my cabling.
I've disconnected everything excluding my RAM, CPU and GPU, as well has testing each single stick of RAM still to no avail.
I'm not sure that my mobo has any debug lights and I don't have an audio device for my mobo sadly.
Is it worthwhile taking my rig to a tech shop to have someone look at it? I'm worried there may be and issue with faulty hardware, and my poking around may result in damage.

Cheers

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Hi Greigm78,

Thankyou for relpying!
My 8-pin cable has properly been attached, I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times, and have ensured the 'click' takes place. I've done this with all of my cabling.
I've disconnected everything excluding my RAM, CPU and GPU, as well has testing each single stick of RAM still to no avail.
I'm not sure that my mobo has any debug lights and I don't have an audio device for my mobo sadly.
Is it worthwhile taking my rig to a tech shop to have someone look at it? I'm worried there may be and issue with faulty hardware, and my poking around may result in damage.

Cheers

I would say you probably should get it looked at if you have no way of diagnosing it through audio or a debug light.
Unless of course you have access to another GPU to test.

When you start the system up are you getting fans powering up and any lights coming on to show power is getting around the system ok?

ElPoutah

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
I would say you probably should get it looked at if you have no way of diagnosing it through audio or a debug light.
Unless of course you have access to another GPU to test.

When you start the system up are you getting fans powering up and any lights coming on to show power is getting around the system ok?

Yes all lights and fans are starting up as expected, and my fan speed controller is working.
My restart button however is not working, I'm not sure if this could be related.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018

If you short the reset pins on the JFP1 header with a screwdriver does it reset? I realise it's hard to tell if you have no display.

I, personally, would strip everything out of the case and start by breadboarding it with just the CPU, RAM and GPU.

You say you tested things on a separate system. Did each component work on the other system?

Solution