New build not booting but rgb ram lights up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2018
So I just build a new pc and it's not booting but the rgb ram is lighting up. My monitor isn't showing anything. Please help me. Ryzen 2600, b450 aorus pro wifi, gtx 1060, corsair sf-450, crosair vengence rgb pro 16gb 2 sticks, stock amd cooler. I already took it out of the case and checked the cpu and the 24pin cable. Any tips? Amd cooler not spinning and gpu neither. Thanks

Not sure what the issue is and hopefully you have checked all the cable 3 times at least!!! but the power supply is weak at just 450w and a SSF one at that...The 1060 minimums are around 350w to 400w...so you are very close..

Just in case and I no you have probably done this but did you power the GPU with the PCIe power cables? Forgive me but I have to ask...

Nov 23, 2018

On PcPartPicker it shows me that the r5 and the 1060 need around 300w and this psu cost like 90 bucks and its from corsair so I dont think thats the issue because if it was the issue I think the whole system wouldnt boot and the ram wouldnt light up

I agree, it should be more than okay...but just trying to see what the full load is on this setup...Having checked the R5 2600 puts you will within spec..

Ryzen also has had issues with RAM....It might be worth trying to boot with just one RAM stick first....

Nov 23, 2018

I just tried one stick and then I used the other I even switched the sides but the cpu fan still didnt work neither the gpu.
Did maybe something on my motherboard brake because I think my mobo has some led lights but they didnt light up. Now I dont know if you have to switch them on with a software or anything but I hope nothing is broken. I also checked the cpu and there were no broken/bent pins.

Okay at the bottom of the right corner of your motherboard the furthest right and bottom....There should be four LED's..These are fault code LED's...From top left CPU, RAM, Bottom left VGA and Boot...

When you boot your PC which light stays on?

Nov 23, 2018
IMG_20181123_185244.jpg
Im afraid there is no light on this motherboard. Its the aorus b450 pro wifi itx mobo.

Oh I can't believe it does not have fault code LED's......ARGGGGGGGHHHHH. Can you rest CMOS? it has 2 pins

Use this jumper to clear the BIOS configuration and reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear
the CMOS values, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two pins for a few seconds.

With the system of...
Then with just one ram stick installed try rebooting..

Nov 23, 2018
Nothing is happening. These are new Pc parts btw.

Okay, I have to admit, I am a bit stumped!!! hopefully people better than me on Tom's and there are a lot can jump in.....

One final point, do you have another power supply you can get your hands on just to make sure the power supply is not the issue?

Nov 23, 2018

No I bought all of these parts thinking they would work. Do you think my cpu could be dead? Here is my parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VzDDTB

Your parts list all works well together. As i said, I am a bit stumped though part of me still comes back to the Power Supply. As to the CPU being dead, we can only find out if you can test it on another motherboard. Do you have any local friends who can help test with another power supply or motherboard...

I wish I could help more as there is nothing worse than a system not working especially if it is new and the hassle of getting things exchanged....Fingers crossed others will jump into this thread with a bit more knowledge...

Nov 23, 2018
Thanks alot for your help I think I might just have to test other things and check the cables again like 5 times.

No problems at all as I only wish I could have helped...Definitely do double check all the cables as it is very rare for a CPU to just die....

Nov 23, 2018
So I found out what was wrong. I had the power button wire in a wrong place but the manual of this motherboard also showed something else that wasnt on the actual board. Thanks for the helper vMax

I am so happy.......You got there in the end!!!....the world is a better place!..

Great news, you can at least sleep in peace now....and so can I...

Reactions: baker16
Status
Not open for further replies.