Question New build not POSTing after a couple of small changes?

Feb 15, 2020
This is my first post to the forum. I am hoping the more experienced folks here can help me. I decided I would try to build a new computer to gaming specs. I even went for the RGB stuff. So, I found the Gaming 7 used on the auction site. I will list the build components down below.

On first start, it POSTed just fine into the BIOS. It detected all of the components including all 64 Gb of RAM running @ 3600 MHz. So, my M.2 NVME drive came in today. So, I installed it in the bottom slot M2P_32G. I also changed out the RAM to a "better" grade of Corsair RAM (Dominator). After the changes, it did not boot at all. I got a 4C, CC, C2, C4 error messages.

I did some searches online and decided to replace the RAM back to the original RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz. Same error messages. I then removed RAM from slots 2 and 4. Now the message is A0. It seems to be stuck there.

I am at a loss as to what happened. I suppose I should have left well enough alone with the RAM, but I thought it would be fine. Any help is most appreciated.

MB - Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7
CPU - Intel i7 8700K
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz
SSD - HP EX950 1Tb NVME M.2
GPU - NVidia GTX--2070 Super
AIO - Corsair H115i PRO 280mm (2x 140mm intake fans & 2x 140mm Corsair QL-140 push/pull)
Fans - Exhaust fans Corsair 1 - LL120 & 1 - LL140
Case - NZXT H510
Fan & Light control Corsair Commander PRO
PSU - Corsair RM650i

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2020
A0 is fine, there should be signal on monitor. Try testing with graphics card removed, monitor connected to motherboard.

I removed the RAM, reinstalled two 16Gb sticks. I removed power from the GPU. Same issue. Then I physically removed the GPU. Now it will POST.

THANK YOU!

I did not think that I would actually have to physically remove the GPU, but I was wrong. I am now going to try to re-install the other two 16Gb sticks. Wish me luck...

Feb 15, 2020
It seems stable with 32 Gb. I believe something changed something in the BiOS when I removed the battery after I tried the Dominator Platinum RAM sticks. It was working fine with 4 sticks before. I will have to study how to change the RAM settings to see if I can make some adjustments to get it working again. It is running fine, but I have a 66 or a bb code now.