I just got done building my PC.
ryzen 3900x
gigabyte x570 aorus elite
Gskill trident z neo 32 gig RGB
Crucial m.2 1 gig x 2
Evga GeForce 2060 sc ultra
Cooler master ml240 v2 aio
seasonic gm 750

When I plugged the PSU in, the RGB lights on the ram light up but the computer won’t turn on. I took the gpu out and rechecked the front panel connector and put the gpu back. Still the same thing happens.

Is my PSU wattage enough? I have an older Corsair tx950w that I will try tomorrow. I didn’t want to use that one as there’s way too many cables on it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Wattage should be fine. Maybe recheck all power connectors used as well.

Can try breadboarding.

Ram is in slots 2+4 from the cpu out? Can test with one in slot 2, and switch when trying this.

Can even test with the cooler that came with the cpu.

Sep 20, 2020
At this time I am leaning towards a faulty psu. I tried it again this morning the RGB lights on the RAM stay on while plugged in, when I press the power button on the front panel there is an audible click in the psu then nothing. After the click the I cannot push the button and get the click to happen again without disconnecting the power and reconnecting it.

any thoughts.

Sep 20, 2020
I’m assuming I didn’t have the power all the way plugged into the gpu. Though now I have other problems such as now the pc powers up, rgb ram on, all fans and aio on, but cannot get a video signal from the gpu or the hdmi on the motherboard. I decided to just take it to a Professional and quit stressing.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I decided to just take it to a Professional and quit stressing.
Okay.

If you want to check things by yourself is this list maybe helpfull,
abit older but still usefull.

TRENDING THREADS