Question New build not working as expected

May 17, 2019
Hey everyone, first post here so bare with me. I've been having some troubles with my recent build/upgrades. I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700x, 16gigs of 3000mhz ram, ASUS RTX2080, and an EVGA supernova 1000W. I feel like im not getting the performance i should be out of this build. Games like GTAV will only put a 30% load on the GPU & CPU, but I will get FPS's below 60, when running in 1080p/highish settings. It usually fluctuates between 40-70fps but wont ever fully load the system. Its like its not even trying to put a load on it, even though i've got it set to run at 144hz capped (monitor is a 144hz monitor). Other things like destiny 2 when running at high and capped at 144hz, will do the same, max at like 60% usage and about 100fps at 1080p. I feel like this system should be capable of doing way better than that, especially running at 1080. Not sure what could be wrong, but any sort of help would be awesome, thank you!

May 17, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp during game?
fresh os install? latest bios?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rdCzJ8
I just ran the GTAV benchmark after changing a couple settings around, frames were a bit better, but never hit 144hz or ran at a constant FPS, jumped from like 60fps during explosions (which makes sense) to about 110 at the highest.
CPU temp was a consistent 60'c and GPU was bout 57'c. CPU usage never went above 60% and GPU usage was pretty much constantly at 10% with a couple spikes up to 20%.
Bios is up to date, and i did a fresh install of windows when i installed everything a few months ago.

TRENDING THREADS