New Build Not Working, No Beeps....

RobDude12345

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Hi all,

I have just purchased an ASUS Z170 'ProGaming' motherboard, as part of a new build I was given online. I put everything together, hit the power button and watched the lights turn on and everything, but I get no video output and no beeps.

I started disconnecting/removing things; I disconnected the hard-drives and then all of the connections to the case (except the one that turns the thing on). I even took out the RAM....and I still don't get any beeps.

Can anyone please help me?

I should add, I've connected both the EATX12V and the EATXPWR connectors.

Solution
Well, I'm an idiot. Even though the lever on the ram was down, I didn't push nearly hard enough!

The screen came up with stuff now.

Thank you so much, sorry for wasting your time with something so trivial. Now I just gotta add everything back in :)

RobDude12345

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
It's this build here: http://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/ but with a different case and PSU.

I've removed the video card completely and tried with just one ram stick. I'm not really sure what else to do. I followed the instructions for installing the CPU and it seemed to go fine.

RobDude12345

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Sorry - so I just took off the heatsink and pulled out the CPU. It looks fine, no bent pins.

It's connected a new monitor, but I plugged it into my laptop via HDMI to verify that it works. I have it plugged into the back of the motherboard via HDMI.

I switched to using VGA, but it doesn't seem to help.

RobDude12345

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Well, I'm an idiot. Even though the lever on the ram was down, I didn't push nearly hard enough!

The screen came up with stuff now.

Thank you so much, sorry for wasting your time with something so trivial. Now I just gotta add everything back in :)

Solution