Question New build not working possible because of CPU?

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,

So I built my first PC and encountered some issues. The fans spin, CPU fan spin, graphics card fans spin, and things that I connect via a USB work except for a keyboard and mouse. My phone charges, a light on a USB blinked, and that's all I tested. Also, there is no input from the video card and don't get a signal on my monitor. I tried multiple HDMI wires ad both HDMI ports on my graphics card. After thirty seconds, it crashes (all lights turn off and fans stop spinning) and then it starts again after a second. Help!

I think my CPU might be bad? I unplugged the 8 pin CPU power cable and then the crashes stopped happening. Also, this obviously stopped the CPU fan and the graphics card fan from spinning. Could it be seated wrong?

Specifications:

CPU - 2600X

GPU - RX580 8gb MSI

Mobo - ASRock B450 Pro4

RAM - TridentZ 16gb (8gbx2)

PSU - EVGA 500W

Case- Matrexx 55

HDD - Hitachi 3tb

SSD - Kingston A400 240gb

schaft

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I checked with asrock B540 pro4 spec, it should have no problem running 2600X as it can run it with all kind of bios.
Well, better do something than nothing.
  1. Check Parts compatibility. Take off all parts. SSD, HDD, GPU (use onboard gpu) and other things. Just have casing, motherboard, cpu and 1 stick of ram on the pc. Turn it on and you should be able to enter bios (normally press delete button). If its on, then stick other part one by one until you found which part is the problem.
  2. If step no 1 is not working. Check the pins of the cpu/cpu socket. Make sure all were intact (be very gentle).
3.Try resetting the motherboard by reading the manual on how to reset bios. Although I've read the spek and it seem does not have back up bios.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2000 series cpus are all supported on the 400 series mobo's. That's a non issue.

I doubt it's the cpu. Is the monitor set for hdmi input?

That eps connector is what supplies the cpu with supplemental power, of course if you unplug that, you'll get no results as there's effectively no cpu, so you won't get past post on boot, and no issues related to anything else.

Ryzen are touchy about ram placement, make sure they are in A2/B2 slots (that's #2 and #4 away from the cpu)

Why isn't keyboard working? Tried usb ports you know work?

Are you able to see bios post? Do you get anything at all on monitor or is it hanging on windows load?

Aug 3, 2019
I checked with asrock B540 pro4 spec, it should have no problem running 2600X as it can run it with all kind of bios.
Well, better do something than nothing.
  1. Check Parts compatibility. Take off all parts. SSD, HDD, GPU (use onboard gpu) and other things. Just have casing, motherboard, cpu and 1 stick of ram on the pc. Turn it on and you should be able to enter bios (normally press delete button). If its on, then stick other part one by one until you found which part is the problem.
  2. If step no 1 is not working. Check the pins of the cpu/cpu socket. Make sure all were intact (be very gentle).
3.Try resetting the motherboard by reading the manual on how to reset bios. Although I've read the spek and it seem does not have back up bios.
I tried step one with no success.

However I was going to do step two, but when I tried to pull it off, it felt "stuck". I know I was applying enough force. That's weird.

Aug 3, 2019
2000 series cpus are all supported on the 400 series mobo's. That's a non issue.

I doubt it's the cpu. Is the monitor set for hdmi input?

That eps connector is what supplies the cpu with supplemental power, of course if you unplug that, you'll get no results as there's effectively no cpu, so you won't get past post on boot, and no issues related to anything else.

Ryzen are touchy about ram placement, make sure they are in A2/B2 slots (that's #2 and #4 away from the cpu)

Why isn't keyboard working? Tried usb ports you know work?

Are you able to see bios post? Do you get anything at all on monitor or is it hanging on windows load?
The monitor is set to HDMI.

The RAM is in A2 and B2, I checked the manual.

I tried all USB ports and had no results.

The monitor has nothing on it except for the words "No Signal!". It doesn't have Windows installed as I just built this. Thanks.

wayneboyd1979

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
It should be supported out of the box according to the mobo website.
Sadley there not all up to date, different revisions etc...
What you buy may not have the latest bios, its not the motherboard makers fault as at that time it was current bios. Boards get in storage end customer maybe months down the line.

Some boards are older boards rejigged same layout but newer chipsets etc..