Question New build, now display at all

Apr 27, 2020
Hey guys, I've taken my old board out an spit a new one in and have trouble with getting anything to work.

Originally it was a Lenovo idea center y700
CPU I7 6700
RAM 16 GB ddr4 2133
PSU 450w bronze
Mobo Lenovo Skybay
SSD Lenovo 120GB
HDD 2TB Samsung
GPU GTX 970

So far had no issues with upgrading these components:
RAM 64GB Corsair Vengeance 2400
PSU 1100w striker Gold
HDD extra 3 TB Seagate

Tonight I've put in a new mobo, CPU, and cooler and it's not working
CPU i7 7700k
Mobo z270 Asrock Fatality k4
Cooler Noctua NH D14

It boot lapped twice then turned over, so I've done some eliminating and found out my header panel wasn't in the correct part. Now it's instant turn on and stable but nothing and I was checking over my old board and there is another header panel cable that has more pin inputs than my new board has actual pins... Wondering if that's the issue?

First major build so please go easy

Hmm. CPU compatibility list says the 7700K is supported by all BIOS revisions, so it cant be that.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS on the board? The CMOS jumper is located just below the top PCIe x16 slot on your particular board. There's a small plastic bit that covers pins 1&2 currently (pin 3 isn't open). Switching it to pins 2&3 for 15 seconds (according to the mobo manual) will clear the CMOS. Then switch the jumper back to pins 1&2.

You don't have to have all the front panel pins on the mobo occupied. Consult page 20 of your manual for the pin layout.

Apr 27, 2020
Yeah I've done all that, so I just gave up and moved it all to another case to find it beeping 4 times on start meaning a timing issue but didn't have it previously... I'm off to PLE tommorrow I'm over this crap