Question New build, numerous of blue screens

Apr 28, 2021
Hey, today I received some new hardware, everything will be listed down below. I did everything like you should during a build and everything went perfectly, it posted the first time. I then went to install windows via a USB drive. I clicked next next and so forth, when it started to copy files I got a blue screen, I just said to myself alright i'll try again and again and again, most of the times it didn't even let me get to the point of installing. There was numerous of different blue screen error codes so I couldn't care less. I tried taking out one ram stick and tried one at a time (2x16). This time I actually got a bit further into the installing part, I didn't get these random blue screens but this time about halfway through the second task I got a new error saying I apparently do not have the proper installation files (ish). I am totally clueless and don't know what to do at this point, I have been googling for hours without any success.

Happy for any help!

Apr 28, 2021
It's so late I don't even know myself anymore hahaha, here's the list:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
GPU: Gigabyte 3070 8gb
RAM: HyperX 32gb 3200
PSU: Corsair RM 750x
Drives: HDD and SSD, hdd unplugged during installation

Hi wille116.

What's the source of that Windows 10? Is it the latest Windows 10 created with Microsoft Media Creation Tool? You cannot install a 3 years old Windows 10 version first on that system.

What BIOS version do you have right now on that board?

Is the RAM in the A2-B2 slots?

Apr 28, 2021
I knew I should've looked this up, of course the <Mod Edit> will blue screen when you have the ram in the wrong sockets LOL, thanks for helping me out. I had mine installed in A1 and B1, I never usually see A2 and B2 soo yeah. I spent some time looking to find where to put them in but yeah. Thanks alot buds. 2:30 am here still grinding to get this <Mod Edit> working, ah well you know what they say, it's always the simple things

Last edited by a moderator: