New build old hard drive

Jul 7, 2018
I’ve already made a tread like this but this time I’ve got a different question

So I’m using an old hard drive with a completely new build with an ssd
I just want to know is there a way I can keep all my games on the hard drive but delete all existing drivers and os
I’d also like to be able to keep other programs like Razer Synapse and GeForce experience

Solution
Ah I didn't see that it had a SSD.
Just add in the HDD. As far as program you still can't use them, but you can delete all the folders you don't need likes WIndows and Program files ect and leave just the game folder on there.

It would be best though to move them off to another drive, SSD or HDD doesn't matter, Could be a thumb drive if it is big enough, and then format the old drive first and then transfer it back.
Any Programs will have to be reinstalled. You can't just copy and paste that in this day and age.

For your games you can copy your steam/origin folder to another drive while you reinstall the OS and then either move them back or leave them on another drive and just tell steam/origin that your game folder is there and it will pick them all back up.

Ah I didn't see that it had a SSD.
Just add in the HDD. As far as program you still can't use them, but you can delete all the folders you don't need likes WIndows and Program files ect and leave just the game folder on there.

It would be best though to move them off to another drive, SSD or HDD doesn't matter, Could be a thumb drive if it is big enough, and then format the old drive first and then transfer it back.

Solution