Jul 11, 2020
Hi all,

I just build my new PC with specification below:
AMD Ryzen 3200G
Gigabyte B450M DS3H (newest BIOS F50)
G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB 3200Mhz
Crucial BX 480GB
SilentiumPC Vero L3 500W

First of all I tried to install Linux (Cent OS 7 and 8, Ubuntu 20.04) everytime I'm stuck with error: "amd-vi unable to write iommu perf counter".
I read it's quite often so I just leave it for now. Next try was with Windows 7, which stucks on Windows logo or when I'm trying to choose language. Then PC is hanged and keyboard is off. My keyboard is PS/2.
I really undestood that, however I lose my mind when I saw Windows 10 has the same problem, it just hangs when trying to load first windows with languages.
I've tested the RAM with MemTest, both of them and one stick only, all looks fine, besides MemTest says there's only 14299MB RAM lol (when 2 kits plugged).

Any ideas please? MB issue?

Try with single ram module, disable axmp/docp.

Installing windows 7 requires integration of USB drivers first. Without it, you can't install windows 7. Also on windows 7, if you're installing on nvme drive, several hotfixes have to be integrated and nvme drivers too. So better forget about windows 7, if you're not ready to do all that.

Jul 11, 2020
Single ram module test didn't help. Solution was different. I didn't mentioned because I forgot that first I made was undervolting, due to first thing I noticed after entering BIOS was high VCore voltage (ca. 1.4). I remember I (and lot of people as can be seen on the web) had problems with high SoC voltage after activating XAMP profile on MSI B450-A Pro Max. Referring to this I played with voltages but too much I guess. After restoring defaults BIOS settings, Linux or Windows 10 installation went succesfull. Windows 7 stuck due to drivers, so it has to be solved different like you wrote. Thank you and sorry for hassle.

Jul 11, 2020
Hi again, I wonder now if it's all fine with VCore voltage. When looking into HWInfo, VCore jumps often even to 1.53V, though I set VCore offset at -0.1V. What I did more is turn on XMP RAM profile (3200MHz), set DRAM voltage 1.35 and SoC to "normal" (so it goes around 1.15).

HWInfo says average VCore is 1.18 if I remember well, but maximum reaches even 1.53V. I have also another PC with Ryzen 2600 and it never goes over 1.23V.

Is it maybe normal for Ryzen APU?

kanewolf

Titan
Hi again, I wonder now if it's all fine with VCore voltage. When looking into HWInfo, VCore jumps often even to 1.53V, though I set VCore offset at -0.1V. What I did more is turn on XMP RAM profile (3200MHz), set DRAM voltage 1.35 and SoC to "normal" (so it goes around 1.15).

HWInfo says average VCore is 1.18 if I remember well, but maximum reaches even 1.53V. I have also another PC with Ryzen 2600 and it never goes over 1.23V.

Is it maybe normal for Ryzen APU?
Use RyzenMaster for monitoring. That is the standard.

Jul 11, 2020
Ok, I made BIOS settings default, install chipset drivers, and now it doesn't go above 1.43V, however it's still high. (Maximum 1.43V, average 1,028V). In Ryzen Master Voltage Control, when I point on it, it shows 0,00625V as minimum voltage setting and max 1,55V. So maybe it's standard when it's boosting?

TRENDING THREADS