Question New build only boots once after each CMOS reset ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2022
I finished building my first self assembled PC, and it booted normally on first startup. I shut it down and attached my Windows 10 installation USB. When I powered back up, the MOBO briefly flashed through all 4 problem indicator lights, then the VGA light stayed on and the machine did not boot. I reset the CMOS using the jumper, and got back into the boot menu. I double checked the hardware info in the boot menu, and it showed all RAM and the CPU, with both looking totally as expected.

My Windows USB is the only option in the boot list so I attempted to boot off of that. The computer restarted, and repeated the above sequence of flashing MOBO lights, then VGA staying on. I repeated these steps a few more times with the same results. I removed the GPU entirely and then put in back into place after checking for damage. I flashed the BIOS to 1.60, which changed nothing, so I reverted to the 1.50 BIOS. I plugged in a different HDD with a functioning Windows 10 install, reset the CMOS, and it booted normally proceeding to setting up windows for a while. Then when windows decided to restart, which cause MOBO lights again, and no boot.

Build details are at the links below. PartPicker doesn't have the correct RAM, what I actually used in the build is at the other link. Thanks for any help!

Parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qv2mrD

RAM: https://harddriveworld.com/ax4u2400...cl16-16-16-16-288-pin-dimm-memory-module.html

Apr 17, 2022
I messed around with the SATA slot, moving my one HDD, and removing it entirely, no results. I also tried another persons suggestion of trying to boot without my graphics card. my processor is the F variety without any graphics capabilities, so I had no image. I still got the same red lights on the MOBO, so I don't think it really changed anything. I'm gonna order some RAM on ASRock's officially supported list and try that. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.