[SOLVED] New build, only boots to BIOS

daniel222

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
Hi,
I had an intel i5-6400 system running for a couple years with a 1TB WD Blue HDD and a 120Gb Kingston SSD for the os. Decided to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 with the Asus B550M-wifi TUF Gaming motherboard.

After installing everything, I boot straight into BIOS, tweak fan speed and check the boot order all fine, save and reset and then it is stuck in a long loading screen, the one with the motherboard spalsh screen, and after around 10minutes a blue screen appears with a stop code - unmoutable boot volume.

Tried booting into safe mode with shift+f8, but it just gets stuck in a black screen and a cursor. Tried disabling fast boot, reverting to default, nothing helped. In the asus ez flash memory utility noticed that after a couple minutes of browsing the folders it freezes on me and boot led on the motherboard stays red. All I can do is force reset.

Tried everything, have no idea what the issue is, maybe compatability issues with past intel drivers?
Thanks

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Hi,
I had an intel i5-6400 system running for a couple years with a 1TB WD Blue HDD and a 120Gb Kingston SSD for the os. Decided to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 with the Asus B550M-wifi TUF Gaming motherboard.

After installing everything, I boot straight into BIOS, tweak fan speed and check the boot order all fine, save and reset and then it is stuck in a long loading screen, the one with the motherboard spalsh screen, and after around 10minutes a blue screen appears with a stop code - unmoutable boot volume.

Tried booting into safe mode with shift+f8, but it just gets stuck in a black screen and a cursor. Tried disabling fast boot, reverting to default, nothing helped. In the asus ez flash memory utility noticed that after a couple minutes of browsing the folders it freezes on me and boot led on the motherboard stays red. All I can do is force reset.

Tried everything, have no idea what the issue is, maybe compatability issues with past intel drivers?
Thanks
Are you in UEFI mode or Legacy? Possibly try swapping to the other. If that doesnt work try restarting the pc a few times until it say "windows shut down incorrectly" and go to the troubleshooting steps and do "reset my pc but keep files"

daniel222

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
Are you in UEFI mode or Legacy? Possibly try swapping to the other. If that doesnt work try restarting the pc a few times until it say "windows shut down incorrectly" and go to the troubleshooting steps and do "reset my pc but keep files"

Tried that, when it enters automatic repair, it just gets stuck in the same black screen I mentioned.

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Tried that, when it enters automatic repair, it just gets stuck in the same black screen I mentioned.
You're probably gonna have to use a windows media installation tool to reinstall windows. However as a last ditch effort you can launch the command prompt on the "windows shutdown improperly" screen and try using DISM and SFCscannow to repair windows. A quick google should show you an article on how to do that.