[SOLVED] New build PC immediately turns itself back on after I turn it off ?

Oct 26, 2021
Hey everyone,
Just built a new computer for my mom, here are the specs:

CPU - i7 10700K
GPU - RX 6600 XT
RAM - 4 x 8 GB Corsair 3200mhz
M.2 SSD - Samsung 970 evo pro 250gb
MB - Gigabyte Z590 UD AC (rev. 1.0)

When I power on the PC everything seems good... though, when I power it off it immediately turns right back on...
First, I thought installing windows will maybe fix it, but it didn't...
Does someone have an idea?

Thx :)

Ralston18

Titan
There have been a couple of other similar posts.

However, you must start by verifying and double checking all connections. Right down to the pin level.

Reference the motherboard's User Guide/Manual, the PSU manual, and the case manual.

Ensure that all connections are correct and fully/firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection especially with a new build. Yet what feels or appears to be in place and connected is actually not.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? Modular? Did you mix and/or match in connecting power cables from other systems or PSUs?

Oct 26, 2021
I narrowed it down...
when plugging in the 2 PCI-E power cables to the GPU it's doing that...
when unplugging at least one of them it works...
any thoughts?

Oct 26, 2021
There have been a couple of other similar posts.

However, you must start by verifying and double checking all connections. Right down to the pin level.

Reference the motherboard's User Guide/Manual, the PSU manual, and the case manual.

Ensure that all connections are correct and fully/firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection especially with a new build. Yet what feels or appears to be in place and connected is actually not.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? Modular? Did you mix and/or match in connecting power cables from other systems or PSUs?

Gigabyte PSU 650W

Ralston18

Titan
With only one PCI-E cable the PC does not restart. And it does not matter which cable is being used - correct?

And with two PCI-E cables the restarts begin again - correct?

Verify that the cables are correctly installed per all applicable User Guides/Manuals.

Do you have access to any other PCI-E cables to test? Carefully check cables, pins, and ports for signs of damage.

My thought is that the "two cable" configuration is setting up a short that effectively simply causes the pc to restart.

When in "working" mode (just one PCI-E cable) look in Reliability History.

Another thought:

Any error codes, warnings, or informational events that you can associate with the restarts when two cables are used?