Question New Build PC - no beeps no matter what

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Hi I am building a new PC
I just bought a new mobo and CPU (ASrock B450M-PRO4 and AMD-3200G) and Im reusing my PSU from a computer that was working this morning.
When I turn my computer on I get nothing, no display/post/beeps

While I trouble shoot this its down to just the CPU fan, cpu, ram.

the one thing confusing me is no matter what I do I don't get a beep. I took the RAM out. No beep. Ram in, no beep. Monitor off, no beep.

EDIT: ASrocks site sucks and i can't figure out the beep codes (the B350M has beeps for every issue) but i cant even force it to beep :(

I assume the CPU and MOBO are good because I just bought them. PSU was from another rig working this morning. RAM is maybe sketchy but even without RAM i get no beep :O

Last edited:

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
oh man that does seem like an important thing :| and I cant get to post so I have no idea what firmware version is on my new mobo...
uggggg this sucks EDIT: OOOh nice aparently mine shipped with the right bios...I found the sticker :)

Computer still doesn't turn on though :(

Last edited:

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
There was a P3.30 sticker which on ASRocks website says is the firmware revision which started to support AMD3000 :)

I'll post the spec tonight :)
AMD3200G
ASrock B450M-Pro4
850W PSU something
16 GB ram something

rgd1101

Don't
try 1 stick of ram, what connection are you using to connect to the monitor?
go thru the check list

Reactions: chico1st

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
OK I went through everything on the list and bread boarded my setup without even RAM in there (just fan + CPU)...still no beeps :|...The guide says PSU but it was working the morning I put this rig together.

I will borrow some ram from a friend tomorrow in case its bad.

Is there a way to know if the CPU is good. Like removing it entirely and getting beeps?

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
OK hurrah, it was the ram! I borrowed a stick from a friend and it posted at least.
I guess my buzzer is broken, I still cant get any beeps no matter what I do. That made everything VERY confuzing!

For reference it is a Antec TP-650 PSU.

Either way many thanks for the help!

EDIT: Also Im not sure if my ram was broken or not. I did notice an asterix in my manual which says raven ridge (i thought 3200g was pinnacle ridge) only supports ECC ram with Pro series CPUs and my ram was ECC. :|
I would have posted that with the PSU spec but the worst part is I'm not even sure if this ram is working :|

Last edited: