[SOLVED] New Build PC not doing anything at all

Nov 28, 2019
So, as stated in the Title, my newly built PC won't power on. The first time I built it was like two weeks ago, and I've replaced a lot (basically all) parts since then but nothing is working and nothing, I mean nothing, shows any sign of whatever. No Fans, no Lights, no RGB, no nothing. And I'm so done I don't want anymore seriously please someone help I'm dying :(
Stuff I've tried (obv. without success):
  • The Paperclip Test on both Power Supplies, both fans started spinning
  • Trying to run the System outside the Case with only MOBO, CPU, PSU, (RAM). Nothing turned on
  • Switching all the Components (see table below)
  • Yes I've changed the Wall socket and Power Cable and the PSU was on
  • Yes I've shorted the Power Button pins on all Motherboards
  • CPU Fan was/is plugged in
Long story short, I dunno what to do anymore, so I figured after weeks of testing I'd write something into this forum to get some help. Thanks a lot in advance for any (and I mean any, I'm very desperate) advice provided. Btw, my 2nd PC Build, the other one (3 Years Ago) worked perfectly fine after assembly.
Components:
My Setup (Idk, the original one)Stuff I've triedMore Stuff I've tried
CPURyzen 2600xRyzen 2600-
GPU980ti--
RAM32GB DDR4 2666MHz (Dual Channel)16GB DDR4 2666MHz-
MOBOB450 Aorus ProB450M Pro4X570 Phantom Gaming 4
PSUThermaltake Smart 600WCorsair VS 550W (last-gen, from old pc)-
DriveCorsair MP510Generic 500 GB SSDGeneric 1 TB SSHD
CaseMatrexx 55--
CPU CoolerDeepcool Gammax L240Stock Cooler-

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
From what I can see, the only commonality with each build is the GTX980ti. Have you tried another GPU. Can you get a lend of one to try swap out? But I just see a bogey GPU stopping everything from working like that.

With that said, you're getting nothing from either PC build. You would at least expect one or both PC builds to power in some state, even if it was just fans spinning or mobo lights showing error codes or beeps or something. Because you aren't I wonder is it something to do with the power supply/wiring in your home.

Neither PSU's used are great to be honest. I'd be looking to put something a bit better in there with your system if you can get it up and running.
From what I can see, the only commonality with each build is the GTX980ti. Have you tried another GPU. Can you get a lend of one to try swap out? But I just see a bogey GPU stopping everything from working like that.

With that said, you're getting nothing from either PC build. You would at least expect one or both PC builds to power in some state, even if it was just fans spinning or mobo lights showing error codes or beeps or something. Because you aren't I wonder is it something to do with the power supply/wiring in your home.

Neither PSU's used are great to be honest. I'd be looking to put something a bit better in there with your system if you can get it up and running.

Solution
Nov 28, 2019
From what I can see, the only commonality with each build is the GTX980ti. Have you tried another GPU? Can you get a lend of one to try swap out? But I just see a bogey GPU stopping everything from working like that.

Neither PSU's used are great, to be honest. I'd be looking to put something a bit better in there with your system if you can get it up and running.
So the GPU definitely works properly, got it out of a buddy's Intel-based System, also I think there would be any activity even if the GPU was dead.

I was definitely looking into a PSU upgrade later down the line, but I think it should be fine for now and I'd honestly rather spend that money on performant components