Question New build PC powers on but no output to monitor

May 21, 2019
I have just built my first PC, all brand new components. It turns on but no video feed to the monitor from either GPU or MOBO. Have tried another GPU and RAM but the same issue. Can anyone help?

May 21, 2019
We'll need more info than that.

Please list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you've tried other hardware, please list them as well and also state everything you've tried so we don't repeat what hasn't worked for you.
Thank you for the quick reply.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: ASUS Prime B450M-A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB
HDD: 1TB WD Blue Mainstream 3.5”
GPU: Radeon RX580 Nitro + 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX550w ATX
Chassis: Trust GTX 1110 ATX mid tower

I tried dropping down to one RAM, tried with both singularly. Tried with a non-branded stock RAM (8GB) from my prebuilt. Also tried my NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti but same outcome. Tried the RAM in my prebuilt and it worked fine, both sticks. Can’t try the 580 GPU as my prebuilt doesn’t have enough power cables to run it. I do appear to be having issues with the front connector panel switches, as they kind of appear to be labelled in the wrong direction in my MOBO manual than when I look directly at them, but would that give me the problem of no feed to my monitor?

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Did you try plugging in your video cable DIRECTLY into the back of your video card? It's possible that you plugged it into the incorrect port.

What exactly IS working?

Do you hear any beeps or see any flashing lights on your motherboard (for error diagnosis)?

May 21, 2019
Did you try plugging in your video cable DIRECTLY into the back of your video card? It's possible that you plugged it into the incorrect port.

What exactly IS working?

Do you hear any beeps or see any flashing lights on your motherboard (for error diagnosis)?

Tried both GPU and MOBO, neither are outputting a signal. There’s one beep when I turn it on and everything powers up and stays powered, all fans spinning. There’s a yellow light on the motherboard that goes off slowly and back on, kind of like a breathing motion.

What connectors are you using between GPU and Monitor?
Have you tried changing cable from Display Port to HDMI or Vice Versa? (DP is better)
Have you tried different outputs on the back of the GPU?
Are you sure it's pushed in firmly?
Does it have Power Connected to it correctly?

TRENDING THREADS