Question New Build PC - Slow Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2019
Hi looking for some help,

I recently built a new PC and was experiencing some issues, however now have the PC in full working order. Now that the PC is built I was expecting super fast boot times due to Windows being installed on an NVME, however the PC takes ages to power up - on average 28 seconds. My old PC from pressing power button was at the login screen in about 8 seconds, and that was just with a normal SSD.

Specs below;
  • CPU - Ryzen 3700x
  • MB - B450 Carbon
  • GPU - Pallit 1060 GTX
  • RAM - Corsair 3200 16GB
  • PSU - Corsair CX750M
  • 500GB Samsung NVME 970+
  • 2TB FireCuda SSHD
  • 120GB SanDisk SSD
  • 4x ML120 Fans

The B450 Carbon has 2x Power slots, an 8pin and 4pin. I only have an 8pin connector and was told this should suffice and this does run fine, however could this be a cause for why it is so slow as it is underpowered by not having the 4pin?

From pressing the power button I get the CPU LED on the MB which lights up for around 16seconds. During this time you can hear the fans getting to speed and systems turning on. From then the CPU LED goes off and the boot LED lights up, at this point the monitors come on. The MSI graphic then appears for around 5 seconds before being able to log in.

As you can see from above this is very slow, especially for a new build and apart from the 4pin power cable I can’t for the life of me figure out why. I spent extra on an NVME as I expected the boot time to be <5seconds, but just now it’s ridiculous.

I read somewhere it could be a Windows 10 error, is it worth trying a reinstall? The BIOS is fully up to date. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know!

Thanks

Aug 2, 2019
I disabled both of these in the bios but they made no improvement. This time it took 24 seconds to go from power button being pressed to the MSI logo appearing on screen, then 13 seconds with the MSI logo spinning, then 2 seconds for Windows logon to appear?

Oct 27, 2019
I disabled both of these in the bios but they made no improvement. This time it took 24 seconds to go from power button being pressed to the MSI logo appearing on screen, then 13 seconds with the MSI logo spinning, then 2 seconds for Windows logon to appear?

I have your exact same issue. Recently upgraded to nvme expecting 5 second boot and am getting maybe 30. Have you figured anything out with the issue?

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
huh my pc starts in like 3 seconds i got

CPU: ryzen 5 1600X
GPU: Asus dual GTX 1070 OC 8gb
Cooler: Noctua L9x65 SE AM4 low profile
HDD: toshiba 1TB P300 7200RPM
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500gb
Memory: Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 2666Mhz
PSU: RM750X V2 750W 80+ Gold
MBD: GIGABYTE-GA-A320M-S2H