Ignas_2

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Problem: I assembled a PC from new parts but have trouble displaying my monitor/BIOS.

Context:
When I finished assembling the PC, I connected a HDMI cable, connected my PSU and connected the small motherboard beep speaker.

Then the PC starts, all fans spinning, then I hear 1 short beep, but when I look into my monitor nothing is displayed. The monitor itself works as I've connected two different monitors and both work with my laptop, and I've also tried using a DVI cable with a HDMI end.

The monitor just says No Display and goes to sleep mode, and I know there is current because I've tried connecting the cable while power was running and heard a faint crackling sound that you would always hear when connecting something while it's turned on. So there is power to that monitor connection port.

I've also tried starting without RAM, putting RAM in all different places, one stick RAM, without GPU, without any hard drives, nothing seems to work.

I've also checked to make sure the CPU is compatible with the motherboard, and the RAMS are 3000Mhz, while my motherboard supports max 2666Mhz but I think it should work either way.

Here are the specs:
MOBO: ASUS PRIME B365M-A Manufacturer Code: 90MB10N0-M0EAY0
CPU: INTEL Core i3-9100F 3.6GHz LGA1151 Step M. Code: BX80684I39100F
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC
RAM: CORSAIR 16GB RAMKit 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz M. Code: CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIE SSD M. Code: ASX8200PNP-512GT-C
HDD: SEAGATE Barracuda 7200 1TB HDD SATA M. Code: ST1000DM010
PSU: CORSAIR CV Series CV550 - 550W Power Sup M. Code: CP-9020210-EU
Case: SILENTIUMPC Armis AR7 Pure Black M. Code: SPC181

What could be the problem? I could take screenshots of my wiring and what is connected to my motherboard as well, I will do anything you ask me to try!

I hope all my highlighting helps in reading the problem.

Let me know if this is the right thread to post this question!

Solution
Ok guys so my problem was I don't have a iGPU and I was constantly connecting to my motherboard display port instead of my GPU display port. I've only tried it once when something else was wrong, but after that never.

So tl;dr make sure you're not a dumbass like me and check everything step by step instead of random solutions and risking breaking something from constant dismanteling.

Ignas_2

Reputable
Dec 28, 2016
Ok guys so my problem was I don't have a iGPU and I was constantly connecting to my motherboard display port instead of my GPU display port. I've only tried it once when something else was wrong, but after that never.

So tl;dr make sure you're not a dumbass like me and check everything step by step instead of random solutions and risking breaking something from constant dismanteling.

Solution