Question New build PC wont boot at all

Jun 22, 2019
Hey Guys,

I just bough THIS motherboard and I'm not sure if the processor and the RAM that I bought for it are compatibles.
The CPU is a AMD Ryzen 5 2600X and the RAM is a SDRAM DDR4 3000 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin.

I unplugged everything and re-plugged it with no success.
The power supply is also new and I'm not sure that it is working, the only thing that I kept from my old PC is the Graphics Card(AMD Radeon HD 7870 ).

Thank you,
BiG

Last edited:

OwenTheGamer

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
Your cpu is compatible and the ram is not confirmed that it’ll work on Asrocks website but I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work. To test your power supply you could do the paper clip test and if the fan spins it should be fine. Just to double check too try to start it without the graphics card installed but I doubt it will have any effect

Jun 22, 2019
Thank you Owen,
I tried to turn it on without the GPU and nothing happened, then I tried the paper clip trick again(I tried it before but since I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear the fan I let it slide) with no success. I think I'm going to buy a new PSU or at least get it checked by the place I bought it from(It was the only item I didn't bought online)

You are the best bud, thank you again.

Jun 22, 2019
Actually Owen,
It did work this time, would I be able to turn on the computer with no RAM? Just to test if itare is issue since on the motherboard specs it says something like
  • Supports DDR4 3200+ (OC)
And I'm not quite sure if it means that I need a DDR4 3200 and plus

TRENDING THREADS