Question New Build - PC Won't Power Off

breakdown1987

Honorable
Jun 18, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I just completed a new build. I followed many tutorials on how to build it through Youtube. The process went good with no hang ups. I was able to power the PC on but the power button on the case will not power the PC off. I double checked the wiring and tried another motherboard and same issue. If it helps I'm using a ASUS 570, Be Quiet 500 FX Case. Any ideas?

Hi Everyone!

I just completed a new build. I followed many tutorials on how to build it through Youtube. The process went good with no hang ups. I was able to power the PC on but the power button on the case will not power the PC off. I double checked the wiring and tried another motherboard and same issue. If it helps I'm using a ASUS 570, Be Quiet 500 FX Case. Any ideas?
You shouldn't use the power button to power off the PC anyway. Shut it down within windows normally or worst case, flip the switch on the PSU.

The button may be configured to do nothing on being pressed. See Control Panel -> Power Options -> "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left pane.

Also the default system behavior is for the button to be held down for a few seconds to do a forced power off. But you shouldn't be doing forced power offs.

Reactions: bmockeg