Question New build post delay help please

Jun 16, 2021
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hello guys,
I made a new build computer couple months ago. There is a post delay until the logo come out. I takes 28 seconds to see the asus logo (i disabled it from bios and now it shows the regular post screen). I get some error codes D1,D4 and D5. cpu, memory and vga code, it says on the mobo (asus rog strix e gaming II ).i couldn't solve the issue in my PC. This is not a fantasy kind of build. It shouldn't have this. Please help me to solve this.

System Req's:
-Asus rog strix e gaming II
-intel i9 10920x
-ROSEWILL Computer Modular Power Supply/PSU, Glacier Series 1000 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU with Silent 135mm Fan with Auto Fan Speed Control, 3
-HyperX Predator Black 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL13 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP (HX426C13PB3K2/32) - > compatible with mobo
-Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,280mm,Dual ML140 PRO RGB PWM Fans, Intel 115x/2066,AMD AM4/TR4
-RTX 2080ti GPU
-Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

i tried:
-all things in bios by reading things on internet. (open the suggestions. I might be missing something.)
-changed mobo 2 times (asus WS x299 pro/se - Asus rog strix e gaming II - Gigabyte x299 ud4 pro ) - > gigabyte bought me some time btw. it reduced the post time to 20 sec.
-changed PSU 2 times (EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular , EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80+ Platinum, 1200W ECO Mode Fully Modula )
-changed rams 3 times (Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory - Black , Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2666C16 Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory Kit - Black , Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM Memory Kit - Black (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16) )
-changed GPU 2 times (rtx 2080 ti and zotac geforce gt 730, also tried onboard only)
-tried restarting without USB's.
-tried different slots of RAM

HERE IS MY SETUP.
163769049-10159629500092697-6985745318223556201-n.jpg

4 display connected to the case.

I know this question is going to sound mundane so please don't take it as being an indication you are stupid or anything but did you ensure that all parts are compatible with each other after each change that occurred? If so, great.

As for it being delayed in POSTing, it's usually an indication of something causing it to be delayed. Have we tried unplugging all the extras and having just the mouse, keyboard, monitor (just 1, not all 4 for now), and power connected? If so, what change did it have (if any)?

Have you ensured you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard as well as any necessary drivers needed for the other components?

You said you received error codes D1, D4, and D5. Can you be more specific of when you received those errors during the process of booting and what it was referencing?

Jun 16, 2021
I know this question is going to sound mundane so please don't take it as being an indication you are stupid or anything but did you ensure that all parts are compatible with each other after each change that occurred? If so, great.

As for it being delayed in POSTing, it's usually an indication of something causing it to be delayed. Have we tried unplugging all the extras and having just the mouse, keyboard, monitor (just 1, not all 4 for now), and power connected? If so, what change did it have (if any)?

Have you ensured you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard as well as any necessary drivers needed for the other components?

You said you received error codes D1, D4, and D5. Can you be more specific of when you received those errors during the process of booting and what it was referencing?

Yes my RAMs are in the QVL list of my mobo. Also the parts i changed couple times was the ones from other people's rigs from pcpartpicker and prebuild systems from custom build gaming computer website's.

Yes i tried with 1 monitor and only mouse also. I also tried without any mouse or any usb as i mentioned above.

Yes my bios version is the latest one.

I press the power button. First memory led comes and then CPU led, then again memory led, again cpu, then memory, then goes to boot led and then post screen shows.

d1 System Agent Initilization Error
d4 is PCI resource Allocation Error. Out of Resources.
d5 is PCH Initilization Error

Please don't double post like that. Not only does it flood the thread but it can be confusing. We are looking into the issue for you but it may take some time for us to respond (remember we are human too). Thanks!

You said that you used different parts that were showing as recommended whether it be via pcpartspicker or other custom build sites. Did you verify with either ASUS (the original mobo) or Gigabyte (one of the swaps I recalled) that the other parts being used were indeed compatible with the board being used at the time? Those 3rd party sites are great resources (I use pcpartspicker myself) but they aren't always 100% when it comes to full compatibility.

All of the D errors you are getting are referring to how the motherboard is talking to the other components being used and either its inability to control them or the failure of said components altogether.

Let's start small and work our way forward: (Be as specific as possible when providing details of the item being used, ex. make/model/model #,etc.)
  1. Which motherboard do you currently have installed in the machine? We will focus on that one first and make sure things are as compatible as they should be.
  2. Which memory set is currently installed and being used?
  3. Which PSU is currently installed?
  4. Which GPU is being used currently?

The only thing I ask is please don't change out parts once you provide this info until myself or someone else provides a response so that we know we are working with the same info. It may take a day or so for a response due to having to ensure compatibility of them all.

Jun 16, 2021
Please don't double post like that. Not only does it flood the thread but it can be confusing. We are looking into the issue for you but it may take some time for us to respond (remember we are human too). Thanks!

You said that you used different parts that were showing as recommended whether it be via pcpartspicker or other custom build sites. Did you verify with either ASUS (the original mobo) or Gigabyte (one of the swaps I recalled) that the other parts being used were indeed compatible with the board being used at the time? Those 3rd party sites are great resources (I use pcpartspicker myself) but they aren't always 100% when it comes to full compatibility.

All of the D errors you are getting are referring to how the motherboard is talking to the other components being used and either its inability to control them or the failure of said components altogether.

Let's start small and work our way forward: (Be as specific as possible when providing details of the item being used, ex. make/model/model #,etc.)
  1. Which motherboard do you currently have installed in the machine? We will focus on that one first and make sure things are as compatible as they should be.
  2. Which memory set is currently installed and being used?
  3. Which PSU is currently installed?
  4. Which GPU is being used currently?
The only thing I ask is please don't change out parts once you provide this info until myself or someone else provides a response so that we know we are working with the same info. It may take a day or so for a response due to having to ensure compatibility of them all.
The parts are as written above in the system req’s. I didn’t keep the changed parts after I installed. I just Installed and return the parts when I see it didn’t work.

Asus rog strix e gaming II
-intel i9 10920x
-ROSEWILL Computer Modular Power Supply/PSU, Glacier Series 1000 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU with Silent 135mm Fan with Auto Fan Speed Control, 3
-HyperX Predator Black 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL13 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP (HX426C13PB3K2/32) - > compatible with mobo
-Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,280mm,Dual ML140 PRO RGB PWM Fans, Intel 115x/2066,AMD AM4/TR4
-RTX 2080ti GPU
-Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

The parts are as written above in the system req’s. I didn’t keep the changed parts after I installed. I just Installed and return the parts when I see it didn’t work.

Asus rog strix e gaming II
-intel i9 10920x
-RTX 2080ti GPU
Thanks! Let me compile this list and cross-check a few things and will get a response to you. You don't by chance have the PCPartsPicker link still where you created the list do you?

Jun 16, 2021
Thanks! Let me compile this list and cross-check a few things and will get a response to you. You don't by chance have the PCPartsPicker link still where you created the list do you?
Oh no I don’t have. I didn’t create it completely there. If you want I can do this and send it to you. But I don’t think pcpartpikcer looks at the qvl list and so . You’re definitely smarter than them :)