New build POSTed fine a week ago, now just powers on but won't boot (solved)

Dec 15, 2018
Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Memory: Team-T Force Vulcan 2x8DDR4-3200
GPU: MSI GeForce 1070ti
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650+ Gold

Update: So it was a stupid noob mistake. Short answer is, seems like I needed to tighten everything.

Long answer: I was an idiot treating the parts like they were glass babies and was maybe too gentle and didn't tighten everything enough. I had a more experienced friend look at it, and after reseating everything and reapplying thermal paste and all that again, and it still didn't work, basically start physically pushing on the board as it was powered, and I just was on the side watching the board bend and internally freaking out. At one point he pushes one area and surprise, computer boots. So he thinks I probably didn't tighten all mounts enough and over the week something came loose and caused a short, I still don't know how that could happen somewhere. The case I had came with pre-installed standoffs, and one of them in the center was not for a screw but merely a post sticking out to help align the mobo. I think that was one of the culprits, since I had also swapped that out for a regular standoff to screw in tight.

Hi all, new to pc building and this place. Like title says my first build posted and booted up perfectly fine a week ago, and I had set it up with windows, and left it alone for a week. This weekend it powers on with fans spinning and lights on but would not boot, and mobo diagnostic "ez-debug" LED is stuck at CPU indicator.

Pressing the case's power button does power up the PC, but the power button itself does not light up. Last week when it was working, the button did light up. No signal to monitor. Plugging in a wired mouse, the laser does not light up either. The pc just stays on with fans spinning and the same CPU led lit until I force shut it off. I hear no beeps, and am not sure if this board is supposed to or can even beep? When it was booting fine last week it made no sound either.

I've tried cmos reset, reseating mobo battery, checked battery charge, booting with 1 ram in and swapping alternate (though I don't have extra of another brand to test), reseating GPU, checked CPU pins which looked fine, saw that no thermal interface is spilling, reseated CPU and cooler, reseated most power wires. Took everything apart and re-assembled. Booting without RAM/GPU attached gets the same result, lights and fans on but no beeps and no apparent progress.

I'm dreading that the answer will be that the CPU or the Mobo is bad, though I'm also getting angry/frustrated at whole thing since it seemed like it was ready to go a week ago and I had planned to start getting other things installed ready to go for holiday break. Hope someone can help, thanks.

Solution

Thank you for your reply, I did also try that. But after I had a friend look at it, it seems I had just made a simple noob mistake of not tightening everything far enough because I was afraid of damaging the parts. (longer reply added to original post above)
Dec 15, 2018

Thank you for your reply, I did also try that. But after I had a friend look at it, it seems I had just made a simple noob mistake of not tightening everything far enough because I was afraid of damaging the parts. (longer reply added to original post above)

Solution