New build POSTing but no display

Oct 17, 2018
I've seen lots of similar questions but haven't found a solution that works for me yet. I recently bought the parts for a new build and assembled everything correctly; however, I cannot get a display. No onboard graphics, so I have to use my GPU, which only has hdmi, dvi-d, and display port. It is POSTing correctly (one short beep, which is successful for my motherboard) all fans and lights come on and everything is compatible. ESD isn't an option because I've used an anti static wrist strap every time I touched the inside. I've only tried connecting via hdmi as that is the only cable I have, but I read in another forum somewhere that for first time bios, dvi-d may have to be used because hdmi drivers may need to be downloaded? I have gone through the troubleshooting post with every item checking out just fine. Even with only ram, cpu/cooler, gpu(no on board video as stated earlier) and obviusly psu plugged in. I have ordered a dvi-d to vga adapter which will take a week to get here, but any other reasons for no display would be greatly appreciated. I've also made sure the HDTV I connected to via hdmi was on the correct input and that the hdmi cable works.

Specs-
*Case/psu: Rosewill atx mid tower, psu came with (500 watts)
*Motherboard: Gigabyte 970a-ds3p
*CPU: AMD FX 8350 (cooler came with, had pre applied thermal compound)
*GPU: evga geforce gtx 1050
*RAM: Corsair Vengeance ddr3 (1x8gb)
*HDD: Seagate barracuda 1tb