[SOLVED] new build powering on but no beeps, no post,

trydowave

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2012
new build. no bleep, no post, gpu fans wont spin. only case fans and cpu and lights are working. no led power light on case.

new parts i brought

ryzen 5 3600x
xfx rx 590 fatboy
msi b450 mb
2x 8gb t-force ddr4 ram
corsair bronze c550w psu
wd sn500 blue nvme ssd
corsaid 275r case

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Solution
I've had friends with similar problems and it turned out to be the PSU, but since all your parts are new, I doubt it's that (if you have another PSU somewhere it might be worth a check).

I recommend removing all connections and also your GPU. Connect your monitor straight to your motherboard. Then start connecting your PSU back and making sure everything is properly connected. If the problem still presists, you can try removing one RAM stick and swapping it through all the RAM spots.
Oct 17, 2019
I've had friends with similar problems and it turned out to be the PSU, but since all your parts are new, I doubt it's that (if you have another PSU somewhere it might be worth a check).

I recommend removing all connections and also your GPU. Connect your monitor straight to your motherboard. Then start connecting your PSU back and making sure everything is properly connected. If the problem still presists, you can try removing one RAM stick and swapping it through all the RAM spots.

Solution

trydowave

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2012

f
found out that one of the ram sticks was preventing the boot. with one in it boots fine. if i swap them around it doesn't boot and if i use the offending ram in the first slot it doesn't boot either. This is weird as the sticks of ram are brand new but it looks like one is defective.?

whenever its plugged in the red error light (labled dram) comes on on the mb. im new to all this and am used to hearing bleeps form the mb but this thing doesn't make a sound.

Oct 17, 2019
Sometimes you can get defective ones even when bought as new. You should return your sticks and try with another set.

These days not many motherboards have integrated audio. That's why you don't hear any beeps. I'm guessing this is the case with your current motherboard.