[SOLVED] New build powers on for 28 seconds and then restarts. nothing on screen

Oct 2, 2019
I helped my friend build his first pc. When we press the power button on the case, all the fans and lights come on for exactly 28 seconds, turn off, and start spinning again. It does this in an infinite loop until we cut power.

ASRock B450M
Gigabyte rx 580 4GB
ryzen 5 2600

Solution
Are their an LED diagnostic lights on the mobo? Can you hook up a mobo speaker and see if it will produce a beep code? (you can buy them for about 5 bucks) Also what power supply is in the computer?

Be sure the monitor is hooked into the graphics card output and not the motherboard video out

Bootloops can be a number of hardware things.

Bad or improperly seated RAM stick, try just 1 stick at a time in the A2 slot if you are using a two. If you are suing two stick be sure they are placed in the A2 and B2 DIMM slots.

CPU cooler not properly seated or installed and the CPU is overheating. Hopefully you removed any plastic film from the pre-applied thermal compound on the cooler. If not you will need to remove the cooler, clean off...
Are their an LED diagnostic lights on the mobo? Can you hook up a mobo speaker and see if it will produce a beep code? (you can buy them for about 5 bucks) Also what power supply is in the computer?

Be sure the monitor is hooked into the graphics card output and not the motherboard video out

Bootloops can be a number of hardware things.

Bad or improperly seated RAM stick, try just 1 stick at a time in the A2 slot if you are using a two. If you are suing two stick be sure they are placed in the A2 and B2 DIMM slots.

CPU cooler not properly seated or installed and the CPU is overheating. Hopefully you removed any plastic film from the pre-applied thermal compound on the cooler. If not you will need to remove the cooler, clean off the thermal paste from both the cooler and cpu (rubbing alcohol and coffee filter works best) and then apply new thermal compound, about a pea size to the CPU and reattach the cooler following the instructions.

The graphics card could be not seated correctly, hooked up to the power correctly or simply be faulty.

Solution
Jul 6, 2019
C
I helped my friend build his first pc. When we press the power button on the case, all the fans and lights come on for exactly 28 seconds, turn off, and start spinning again. It does this in an infinite loop until we cut power.

ASRock B450M
Gigabyte rx 580 4GB
ryzen 5 2600
Also check the front panel connector if they weird in the right positioning,some Case r like this