New build problem on Vista install!

mohtahp

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
I got everything together and everything seems fine but when I go to install it says "Windows is unable to find a drive that meets criteria for installation." Both HDDs are recognized I just can't install on them.

specs are Asus p5e, E8400, Corsair XMS2 (2gb in for now), 620HX, 3870x2, WD 250gb and 500gb.

I've searched for related problems but none of them seems to have any solution. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OS Vista x64 Ultimate

2nd EDIT: I unplugged the 500gb HD and I was able to install. Will I have any problem when I reconnect?

Try using the tools menu on that same page, near the bottom as I recall, go in and delete existing partitions and then create a new one and try again.

If that's not it then be sure your SATA controller is set to "IDE mode" in your BIOS.

blacksci

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Also keep in mind there are some harddrives that just dont work with vista. And you should install it and see what happens, if vista has a problem with it, it should tell you that this product is not vista certified, meaning they dont support it, yet hopefully.