Question New build problems

elerrina

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Hi all

After some advice for a friend. He recently got a new pc, parts recommended by friends and built by his friend. It runs fine apart from he suffers from crashes when hes streaming or doing things that seem to be heavy load on the pc. It just straight turns itself off. Below is the build and the psu is a TorQue 500 WATT 80+ CERTIFIED BRONZE. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what could be causing it to completely shut itself down. I was thinking it could be PSU related but the recommended PSU for the GPU is 500w so I'm unsure. His PC knowledge isn't great so hard to troubleshoot too. But we've checked temps whilst running etc and thats all fine. Any input appreciated =)

unknown.png

mgallo848

Commendable
TorQue is an in-house brand PSU. It's probably built and sold to Torque by a 3rd party vendor so it's very hard to say if it's decent or not.

Is the PC still under warranty? If so, I would contact TorQue:

Reactions: WildCard999

elerrina

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Never heard of that brand which is not usually a good sign. While the PSU says 500W it may deliver much less.

Also no build is posted.

Yeah I had never heard of them either, so the same thing jumped to mind. Sorry, can you not see the picture I posted with the build? I'll post below.
  • Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHZ Quad core
  • Deepcool Iceblade 100 fluid dynamic processor cooling
  • Gigabyte H110M-2SH Motherboard
  • 8GB DDR4 2400 MHZ
  • MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 8gb DDR6 -Factory Overclocked
  • 1TB HDD
  • 120gb SSD

WildCard999

Titan
Yeah I had never heard of them either, so the same thing jumped to mind. Sorry, can you not see the picture I posted with the build? I'll post below.
  • Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHZ Quad core
  • Deepcool Iceblade 100 fluid dynamic processor cooling
  • Gigabyte H110M-2SH Motherboard
  • 8GB DDR4 2400 MHZ
  • MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 8gb DDR6 -Factory Overclocked
  • 1TB HDD
  • 120gb SSD
Ok so yea I'd consider replacing the PSU with a better quality unit, the Seasonic Focus Gold 550W would work well and for streaming they'll want more then 8gb, 16 would be preferable.

elerrina

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Ok so yea I'd consider replacing the PSU with a better quality unit, the Seasonic Focus Gold 550W would work well and for streaming they'll want more then 8gb, 16 would be preferable.

Yeah hes going to upgrade the RAM asap, he's also ordered a surge protector as he didnt have one and someone suggested that could be the issue. He's also contacted the manufacturer of the psu to see what they think =)

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
Make sure he deals with the ram issue as soon as possible, according to that screen shot, he's running a single channel memory config, which hampers performance by a fair amount. I'm surprised they didn't do 2 x 4 gig....they should know single channel sucks.

mgallo848

Commendable
I dont get the h110m motherboard with the i7 7700k?
It's a 7700, not a 7700k

You'll have to elaborate? If its not good then I don't know, his friends picked stuff for him.
Nothing to worry about.

Ram changed today and still having the same issue when playing games
Although 1 stick of ram isn't ideal in a gaming setup that wouldn't cause the issues he's having. I still think he needs to contact TorQue and see about a replacement power supply.

elerrina

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Did you replace the PSU?

It's a 7700, not a 7700k

Nothing to worry about.

Although 1 stick of ram isn't ideal in a gaming setup that wouldn't cause the issues he's having. I still think he needs to contact TorQue and see about a replacement power supply.

No not replaced the PSU yet, I told him that I thought that was the issue. I don't know how much more power the increased ram would use but his PC is now shutting off even sooner when he starts gaming. He has emailed Torque regarding it I'm not sure if he's heard anything back yet though.

Could the fact the GPU is factory overclocked have anything to do with it? Just wondering if it might be using more than the specified power too.

Last edited: