WatsonCo

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I built my first computer tonight, everything worked well, I checked my bios for my drives and they were there. I began to install vista and when it was complete it said the computer had to restart. It shut down and didnt start back up, so when i manually turned the computer back on, it wont start. It will continually attempt to start up for about 2 seconds then shut down...then try again... There is a red light that turns on on top of my video card (HD 4830).

Can anybody help me?

E8400
EP45-UD3p

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Is everything plugged in correctly? do you have power plugged into your video card? What PSU do you have? The parts you listed above are about $450 so obviously you had a tight budget. Most people with a tight budget sacrifice a quality PSU in an effort to save a few dollars and the PSU ends up being the problem.

WatsonCo

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
PSU is Corsair TX650W.

The computer did start up at first, I got into BIOS. Then I began to install Vista...it went to restart and now it wont boot up. I press the button to turn the computer on and a red light turns on on top of my video card and the fan spins for a split second then everything shuts down.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
The PSU you have is good. What brand and model 4830? Usually, as with most things, red means stop and there's something wrong. I would suggest you check to see that the video card is seated properly and it has power to it.