[SOLVED] New build, PSU and RAM advice

dekzzz

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
Hello there,
so basically Im ordering a new rig in couple of days and I slammed something together but
Im not sure about some components, wether theyre enough or too much.
Components in question are :

-MSI MEG Z390 ACE (Is MBO like this necessary or should I downgrade ?)

-Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz (Vengeance or Dominator ? Cant figure out the difference. / Keep 32gb at 3600 or go 64gb with lower mhz ? )

-Corsair HX850i (Cant find much info about this PSU but i dont wanna go lower than 850W nor do I wanna drop Corsair, so is this gonna work or should I go RM or AX serie ? Tho AX isnt being sold in this store).

Rest of the build:
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO
Intel Core i9-9900K (no, not going ryzen)
Corsair Crystal 680X RGB Midi-Tower
Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB
Samsung EVO 970 1TB
+ some other utility crap like extra fans etc.

Thanks

Solution
Im not sure about some components, whether they're enough or too much.
For starters, you need to state the purpose of the build...

Motherboard:
If you're going to overclock the 9900K, then yes, something like that one is necessary. The budget Z390s don't manage that cpu very well.

dekzzz

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
For starters, you need to state the purpose of the build...

Motherboard:
If you're going to overclock the 9900K, then yes, something like that one is necessary. The budget Z390s don't manage that cpu very well.
Yeah my bad. This is gonna be gaming computer only, already have a work station, hence the intel aswell.

dekzzz

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
I don't see an issue with the planned build, and no one needs 64GBs of ram to game on - 32GBs is more than enough.
Yeah my thoughts exactly, doesnt hurt to check tho haha
My biggest worry was PSU but I guess you cant really make a mistake there with anything above 800W.

Thanks alot for the answers !

dekzzz

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
Aesthetics really.

Yeah thats what I found aswell, couldnt believe that was it though. Especially considering that vengeance looks better, in my opinion at least.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm (scroll down to HXi Series)
The scores for the other HXi models leads me to believe the 850 is also fine.

As long as HX850i does the trick, guess Ill just keep it. Only other differences (except watts) were pins, and they vary ALOT but I guess everything is compatible with everything nowadays