Build Advice New build question - Corsair Crystal 680x vs 280x

Josh_72

Reputable
Mar 23, 2016
I'm doing a new build soon but am waffling back and forth over the direction to go in.
I know I want either the Corsair Crystal Series 680x or 280x (I just really like the look of the duel chamber design) but there is a big difference in the size of the two cases, with some obvious trade offs between them. So looking to see if anyone has built in either one before and has an opinion.

My current build is a Meshify C with a ROG Strix 2070 - Ryzen 1700x - Corsair H100i RGB and a Gigabyte Mobo
I'm bringing over my 2070 and the H100i into the new build (and probably my PSU as well)

I will be upgrading to a Ryzen 3900x
My main concern right now is the size of the 680x. It looks quite massive from the specs and videos I've seen. The 280x is couple inches wider than my meshify c but is shorter and not as long (I think)
Worried the 280x will be a little compact with my GPU and have read some negatives about airflow - whats up with no rear exhaust?
Also don't like having only one mobo option for micro ATX and Ryzen 3900x at the moment
I like the idea of verticle GPU mounting in the 680x and all the room for sweet RGB fans but the size is kind of putting me off.
What say you fine folks? Should I go the micro ATX route and keep a nice small form factor or really go monster mode with the 680x.
Anyone thoughts/opinions

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS