New build questions - Case cooler / humidity

guilhermefurlan

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Hey people,

I`ve got three questions because I`m building a desktop (I already have some hardwares and others are coming)

My first question is about fan, I`ve got a cooler fan for my case, the thing is, my case is a Blue gamer bg015 and my settings are the following

Cpu i5 3300
Cooler for cpu is intel`s bundled stock cooler
Gpu rx 580 8 gb sapphire nitro + (Should I get a GPU Support for this gpu as it`s heavy ? won`t it bend without a gpu support ?
Mobo asus h61m-c
Ram 8 gb
Memory of 1 TB
SSD don`t recall which one
Psu CX550 550W CP-9020121-WW

So should I get a second cooler for my case ? How many of them should I have actually ? Wouldn`t these coolers overchage my psu`s capacity ?

My second question is about humidity, my room is really bad and suffers of it, what should I do for protecting better my desktop ? Should I try to cover it with some blanket (stupid idea I know), or some piece of plastic or should I get an antimolf and put it into or next to my desktop ? Sorry for this question but I`ve been thinking about it and haven`t found a solution yet, and I know that this could damage my desktop in the future so please help!

There is a third question but I just can`t recall it, when I recall it I will post here in the near future

Thanks a lot buddies!

Watch the language, this is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Solution
Getting a dehumidifier can be the answer to your humidity problems.
Last year when I bought this house, the basement, located halfway below ground, was very humid (about 85%). It also had that typical "basement smell".
After a few months of constantly running our dehumidifier, if rarely starts anymore when set to start at 60%. And that even when hanging washed clothes to dry in the same room. I wouldn't hesitate to put my PC there. It also helps clean out dust from the air.

Nigel

Lutfij

Titan
Adding a blanket will only make the humidity worse. Fabric/clothe aid in holding back moisture and in turn raise the humidity. You forgot to mention where you reside...?

Per your case, you should ideally have an equal number of intake fans and exhaust fans. Your case support 2x front 120mm fans, 2x top 120mm fans and a single rear 120mm fan.

Getting a dehumidifier can be the answer to your humidity problems.
Last year when I bought this house, the basement, located halfway below ground, was very humid (about 85%). It also had that typical "basement smell".
After a few months of constantly running our dehumidifier, if rarely starts anymore when set to start at 60%. And that even when hanging washed clothes to dry in the same room. I wouldn't hesitate to put my PC there. It also helps clean out dust from the air.

Nigel

Solution

guilhermefurlan

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

And where should I put it ? next to my pc ? What about silica gel ? the small balls do you know about that ?

May 21, 2019
The most important attribute for making your home comfortably dry is dehumidifier sizing, measured as pints of capacity. First, you will need to calculate the BTU requirements for your home. If you need to know a parameter to understand when you require a dehumidifier then read the details from them.

The answer is you should not use to cover your desktop with your blanket to protecting better but all you have to use a better dehumidifier to remove it with the masty smell.