New build questions.

Oct 20, 2018
Hello guys, after being answered that I need to build a new setup to use the RTX 2080 with 2560x1440 165hz Display, I need some help with the new setup.

First let me say what I currently own

CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: GTX 770
Mobo: Asus Maximus Hero VII
RAM: Corsair 16GB at 1800
Cooler: Kraken x61
PSU: Seasonic 750W
Display: Benq 2560x1440 at 60hz
Let me say that if it is possible I want to keep my old cooler and psu on the new build.

So I have been thinking in this new build:
  https://imgur.com/a/lF1Zkcv + MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero XI-315 €.
Case: NZXT H500i
My first question is that if the HERO XI is really worth for me or should I go for Strix z390-F, and the second question is should I go for the i7 8600k (€ 460), the i7 9700k (€ 500) or the i7 8086K (€ 520).

Notes: My purpose is gaming, currently my top 3 games are BDO, COD4, PUBG. I often play multiple games at once. I'm not advanced overclocker. Im looking for a very long term pc. I want to stay on Intel. Im a ASUS fanboy.

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
Okay, if gaming is the most important factor, then I would suggest the 8700K as it is cheaper than the 9700K (absurd price), the same as the 8086K in terms of performance (again too much) and just that little bit better than the 8600K (still great gaming CPU) most importantly is only a couple of percent of the 9700K which can be rectified through an overclock....As you will be playing at 1440p, all the CPU's you are looking out balance out to within a couple of percentage points but still the 8700K is my choice for longevity and great all around performance...

The 8700K will overclock to 5GHz fairly easily and will get you to 4.7GHz all core if you do not want to overclock. In terms of motherboard, moving to the new Z390 is a good idea...
Okay, if gaming is the most important factor, then I would suggest the 8700K as it is cheaper than the 9700K (absurd price), the same as the 8086K in terms of performance (again too much) and just that little bit better than the 8600K (still great gaming CPU) most importantly is only a couple of percent of the 9700K which can be rectified through an overclock....As you will be playing at 1440p, all the CPU's you are looking out balance out to within a couple of percentage points but still the 8700K is my choice for longevity and great all around performance...

The 8700K will overclock to 5GHz fairly easily and will get you to 4.7GHz all core if you do not want to overclock. In terms of motherboard, moving to the new Z390 is a good idea as you can upgrade latter to the 9900K in the future.

As to which board, that just comes down to personal preference and money saved, so the Strix z390-F will do a great job and the Maximus Hero though costing more will be able to handle your future upgrade even better..

I am sure others will jump in, but that my thoughts...

Solution
Oct 20, 2018

Thanks for your help!

btw i have found that i can get the 8086k for just 20$ more than the 8700k, is still better to go for the 8700?

Oct 20, 2018

I see, thanks. Can you tell me what are the benefits of the z390?

^ I bet the prices where options lives are different, as stated in his original post. So the 8700k with the seasonic psu and kraken X61 it is.

If you can get the maximum hero, go for it. Z390 has beefed up vrm, with better connectivity options.

I know that you are an Asus rog fan boy, but don't get the Strix rtx 2080. Less rgb for more money, not worth it XD. Try the msi gaming X trio instead.

Go for the black vengeance pro rgb rams.

Try the lian li Lan cool one digital case.

ASTRO headset is also not worth the price. Get a corsair void pro surround USB 7.1ch headset.

Oct 20, 2018

Thanks you.

Thanks for your reply. I just checked the lian li case but i dont like it x(

I will decide the ram color when i finish with the rest of the setup.

About the Asus and the MSI, my first option was the MSI cause is 100€ cheaper but idk, maybe ill go back to the msi. As im planning to get this in about 2 weeks, maybe prices may vary.

About the headset, im rlly stuck there, i heard the Astro a50 or the Steelseries artic pro are pretty good wireless headset (must be wireless) Actually im looking for a good wireless headset with the best sound mainly for fps games. note that I already have a Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO and a Hyperx Cloud.

The reason I suggested the Z390 is due to the upgrade potential should you ever decide to go 9900K in the future...The Z390 has a much stronger VRM at the mid and high end and a couple of other small feature in native USB 3.1 and integrated Wifi...but if you can afford it, it just gives you more options for future CPU upgrades..