Jan 1, 2015
Build put together last week:
ASUS rog stix x470
AMD 2600x (no OC)
Tridentz RGB 3200 cas14 @ 3200
EVGA 1080ti FTW3
500gb tforce ssd
Corsair RMX 850w

Overall I am very happy with the build outside of the RGB syncing and how buggy aura can be. That being said I have one issue that seems very random.
At the most random times(often can take 12+ hours to happen) my screen flickers and goes black, the pc itself does not seem to restart, any mouse or keyboard functions are unresponsive and the power button on my pc is also unresponsive. I do not have a reset button on my case or mobo, so my only option is to hit the power button at the PSU, Now whats most peculiar about this is that it happens when the system is usually idle(has happened twice now when I left the room to get a cup of water). This never seems happens during load or during gaming.The last time it happened was about an hour ago as I was browsing forums and no other load on PC.

I have ran aida64 with no issues(granted only for 15 minutes). Everything seems stable yet I randomly have this issue happen. Will do longer stability test this weekend when I have the opportunity. I would like to figure this out prior to my return window, in case anything is defective. Can someone point me in the right direction, as I have no idea where to start? Could aura being buggy cause this? how likely is it a bad mobo and what is the best way to determine that?

EDIT:
CPU temps: idle 40s, max under gaming load: low 70s, max running aida4 for 15 minutes: 85
GPU temps: idle: 20s max under gaming load: mid 70s

Tourangh Makarachi

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
I believe I have found the issue, although it is hard to verify for sure. Found the solution here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102145-Random-black-screen-on-ROG-STRIX-X370-F-Gaming-(with-solution)
I have had hwmonitor, aisuite and ryzen master running simultaneously and had the issue happen, but also have had it not happen. Just an hour ago, I was playing with aura, but not the sensor mode, and still had the computer go unresponsive.
This leaves me believing that software accessing things on MB is causing this issue, very hard to pinpoint exactly what and why.