Question New Build | RTX 3070Ti Won't Post but Old GTX 970 Will? Please Help.

May 7, 2022
Im having an issue with the build I'm doing right now and I'm hoping someone can help me.
Parts:
MSI z490 Edge wifi motherboard, Corsair Vengence 32GB DDR4, i9 10900 CPU, Corsair 750watt PSU.
I have a test bench setup and everything works fine except the graphics card. I had setup everything and the GPU gets power (fans and RGB working) but nothing on the screen. Alternatively, when I plug the display-port cord into motherboard, the display fires up no problem (intel integrated graphics). After toying around and even trying a MSI 1660Ti gaming X as well (still nothing) I assumed the motherboard had an issue with the PCI-e and I had it exchanged. When the new one arrived, I ran into the same EXACT issue. This was a head scratcher to me as I had tested the RTX3070Ti and the 1660Ti in another system and both are functioning properly. This is where it gets interesting; I plugged in a old MSI gaming 970 GPU and BOOM, works...
Does anybody know what's going on here or what I can do to fix this issue and get the 3070Ti working properly? Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair 750watt PSU
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of said unit. Can you please parse the model of the unit? Is the unit recycled from an older build?

When you speak of another system, can you parse the specs to that as well, so we have a reference point to see what might be different?

May 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair 750watt PSU
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of said unit. Can you please parse the model of the unit? Is the unit recycled from an older build?

When you speak of another system, can you parse the specs to that as well, so we have a reference point to see what might be different?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I appreciate a response!

Both the RTX 3070Ti and the GTX 1660 Ti have been tested, and work in two different other systems of mine:
System 1: Aorus x570s Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen R9 5900x, Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32GB 3200mHz DDR4, Corsair RM1000x.

System 2 (older): MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard, i7 4790K CPU, G.Skill Ripsaws X Series 16GB DDR3 1866mHz, CorsairRM750xPSU.

Please note that the Corsair RM750x that is installed in system 2 is not being recycled into the build I'm currently having issues with. I have a brand new RM750x for the new build.

I hope this clears up some things, would really appreciate any help that anyone can give me here.

Last edited: