Question New build ..same issue..hard freeze.

Nov 16, 2021
Hello all. I'm really stumped at this one. My 4 yr old pc began having issues. It had old, out-dated components. It began to hard freeze after about 5 to 6 minutes within turning it on. I bought all new components including...ram, cpu, HDD, motherboard, gpu and psu. The only thing I kept was the case.
Installed a new copy of windows 10. It started up...I installed all the newest drivers...latest bios.
After, it said it needed to restart. After it restarted, it froze up almost immediately. I clicked reset...it booted up...windows started ...and it froze again.
I cant fathom what could be doing this. Can a case do something like this? Like....if the power switch or something was faulty?

Nov 16, 2021
mother board: crosshair v formula z
cpu: amd fx 9590 black edition

ram: kingston 32gb 3300 x2

gpu: Rtx 2080 geforce RoG

psu: Rosewill Xtreme RX750-S-B 750W ATX Power Supply ATX-12V 20/24 Pin SATA PCI-e
windows: win 10 Enterprise edition 64bit

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2021
where this enterprise edition from?
It was from a windows 10 i bought at walmart it has home edition and enterprise edition to choose from and 32 or 64bit options.

and fx 9590?
https://www.cpumedics.com/amd-fd959...jmQ0F5iyakmMQ6a0OQFTfI4Ki32Jf_n8aAqH7EALw_wcB

check cpu temp? cpu temp 40 according to Open Hardware Monitor ..but it wont stay on long enough to truly test.

what the storage?
WL 3TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Quick note: While checking the updates...I did notice that one of the windows updates froze at 20% while downloading...I do not know if it stuck because the pc froze OR...if the update caused the freeze. Even after a reboot..the update wont move past 20%.
I'm just really frustrated because I really thought all new parts would solve the freezing issue.

TRENDING THREADS