New build: Sapphire dual-x r9 270x 4gb or something else?

Ndavid13

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
Hey, so I am looking to build a new computer for gaming that is cheaper but still good. This is what I had so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7QK3NG

I do plan on upgrading it as more money comes into my hands but I was wondering what graphics card would work best, the Sapphire dual-x r9 270x 4gb or would something else work better?

Also, if possible, what could I do to keep high performance but lower the price a bit? I would be buying this within the next month. Also, I am thinking about getting into liquid cooling so cooling system right now is not set in stone.

Also, I already have plenty of disk space. The SSD is mainly for OS some programs and random things

Solution
Well to save a lot of money you could use multiple websites instead of just using amazon. You could also go with an i5 or i7 or a Xeon 1230 V3 ( like a locked i7 without integrated graphics) which would give you higher fps compared to the 8350 and they would cost around the same price as well. Also you can swap the ram for 2x4GB ram which would give a slight performance boost using dual ram modules instead of one single stick.

For the graphics card consider a R9 280 or a GTX 760.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Well to save a lot of money you could use multiple websites instead of just using amazon. You could also go with an i5 or i7 or a Xeon 1230 V3 ( like a locked i7 without integrated graphics) which would give you higher fps compared to the 8350 and they would cost around the same price as well. Also you can swap the ram for 2x4GB ram which would give a slight performance boost using dual ram modules instead of one single stick.

For the graphics card consider a R9 280 or a GTX 760.

Solution

Ndavid13

Reputable
Aug 9, 2014
Thanks! As for amazon, that was just what the site selected and the overrides where me just looking at how the site worked. what motherboard would you recommend then for the i7?

Would windows 7 or windows 8.1 be better for gaming?

TRENDING THREADS