New Build Should I use "Option A" or "Option B"

Sep 7, 2018
New Build Looking for suggestions on components. Mostly for gaming. Some hobby video projects. I run three ASUS 32 " 4K Ultra HD ProArt Professional Monitors PA328Q

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 2080 Ti (coming soon)
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600W
Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB and Samsung 860 EVO 4TB

NEED HELP PART:
Cooling: Corsair H115i Pro OR Noctua NH-D15 Or Something Else? Not skilled enough for a full blown water-cooled system.

MOBO: Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 OR Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 PRO OR Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9

Memory: G.Skill 32GB TridentZ DDR4-3200 RGB OR Something Else?

CPU: Intel Core i9-7900X Or Intel Core i7-8700K OR Something Else?

Thanks in advance.
KW

logainofhades

Titan
There is absolutely no reason that you need a 1600w PSU. Unless Nvidia does something stupid, and increases power consumption considerably, a quality 750w-850w should be plenty. For straight up gaming, the 8700k is a great choice. If you think you may want to possibly do some game streaming, Ryzen 2700x is a better option, just as an FYI. Intel is releasing the 9xxx series in October, iirc. Air is more reliable, and that Noctua is a top performer. Cryorig R1 Universal is another one to look at. Not really sure the 970 pro is worth the added cost vs a 970 evo, for your type of build. 32gb ram really isn't necessary either. 16gb is plenty for a gaming rig.

make sure your cpu/chipset are compatible. you're listing ones on different chipsets. also check the memory channel #. TR or i9 will have more channels. you want to buy ram sticks in a multiple of the channel.

I believe the newest i9 is right around the corner as well. if you're trying to just buy the best of everything.

for storage if you want the primary storage to be the fasted optane 3d xpoint is it.

I can't speak for a lot of the mobo features ,but use an intel LAN. avoid the killer ones like the plague.
some of the high end ones have aquantia 10G which is good if you have a 10G switch/NAS.
since you do video projects this feature could be nice if any storage is on a NAS.
they can be added into a pcie slot easily if you really want it and it's not on the board you like.

Sep 7, 2018
Oh crap.....you guys are shooting way over my head...lol

How about this? Drop the storage from PRO... Go with the Noctua. Go with the i9 7900 or wait? The intel Optane is expensive...might wait on that one.
What MOBO then? Not sure what Killer LAN means. Is this a good build? Need help on the MOBO with these components.

Samsung 970 1TB and Samsung 860 EVO 4TB

NEED HELP PART

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Will this fit with the Memory?

MOBO: Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 OR Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 7 PRO OR Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9

Memory: G.Skill 32GB TridentZ DDR4-3200 RGB OR Something Else?

CPU: Intel Core i9-7900X

I seriously just pulled this parts list from a PC Gamer article. No clue if the author knew what he was doing.

go ahead and make this on pcpartbuilder and post it. then people can suggest updates to items. that way you have the whole thing ready to go once it's final. a budget and flexibility on that too or X performance for the least amount.

if you're going the i9 route. I'd wait that out.