Question New Build: Start up error

Apr 29, 2019
I am in the process of building a new PC and the assembly went easy but I am getting a boot error where the PC will turn off anywhere from 5-30 seconds after turning on and no display will appear even through the onboard HDMI.

Specs:
Case = Corsair 500D
CPU = Intel i9 -9900K 3.6GHZ
CPU cooling (AIO) = Corsair h100i Pro RGB
GPU = EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 Ultra
Motherboard = Aorus Z390 ULTRA
Fans = 6x Corsair LL120 RGB (2 replaced H100i Pro fans)
PSU = Corsair RM850x

Current Troubleshooting:
I have taken the machine down to its basics just attaching the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, AIO, HDMI, Keyboard and I still get the same error. The LED codes only cycle 30 and CX values which all shows as reserved and not error codes in the Motherboard Manual

rgd1101

Don't
do the check list

try taking out the gpu and test with only the igpu?

Apr 29, 2019
Yep, I actually took it down to only the CPU, cooling system, 1 stick of RAM used on all 4 slots with both sticks, and the needed power cables (2x4 CPU, 24 Pin, Sata for AIO power) and I still get the same issue

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
what is your boot drive?does it have a clean install of windows?

it could be you may have bent some pins on your motherboard when you installed the cpu?
or
your cooler isnt seated properly or poor thermal paste application which ramps up the temps and cause an auto shutdown.

Apr 29, 2019
It looks like it may have been an issue with the original placement of the cooler. I removed the mounting pins and screwed them back on and I was able to boot the bios. Going to start adding back parts to see if I keep the result with this fix

Apr 29, 2019
Put everything back and reached the error again. I ordered a speaker for the motherboard which should arrive tomorrow so hopefully I can get a beep code from it

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
it could also be a dead board or some issue with ram, maybe if you have some people you can borrow a z390 board or atleast a different set of RAM to try out.
all in all i hope everything works out on your end.