Feb 18, 2020
Hi guys,

I’m new here and I’ve signed up as I’m at my wits end with my new PC.
I’ve completely rebuilt it with all new parts and it boots up for 30 seconds and then powers down and does this over and over until I power off the PSU switch.

Specs:
Asrock mATX B450M Steel Legend
Ryzen 3 3200G with Wraithn Stealth Cooler
EVGA 600W 80+ PSU
Asus Strix 2GB GPU
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 LPX RAM 1x8GB
1TB HDD
Corsair Carbridge 175R Case

It’s my first time building a PC but everything is connected properly. I have tried stripping it down to just the PSU, MOBO and CPU and it does the same.

When I take the RAM out, the RGB on the MOBO blinks rapidly, the GPU fans start up and the PC stays on but the USBs and display doesn’t work, neither does the case fans.

I’m getting no display whatsoever, no beeps and I’ve tried the ram in different all slots.
Is it because I only have one stick of RAM?

I’ve had replacements for the MOBO, CPU and PSU and I’m still having the same problem.

I really don’t know what it could be, is everything compatible with one another?

The HDD I’m using is from my old PC. I realise I may need a new one and a fresh install of Windows 10 but surely that’s not the reason my PC is failing?

The CPU is properly seated and I reapplied thermal paste although maybe I didn’t use enough?

Please can somebody help me to resolve this as it’s been weeks now! ☹️
Thanks

Solution
Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz C16 XMP 2.0
Yeah that's not supported, might be the issue. Also you have 8GB of 2400Mhz memory. If you want the 3200g to perform well you really need 2 sticks of ram at 3200Mhz. Zen really doesn't like slow RAM and pefers dual channel. An APU if you want to do anything with the iGPU will suffer the most with the 1 stick of slow RAM
Hi guys,

I’m new here and I’ve signed up as I’m at my wits end with my new PC.
I’ve completely rebuilt it with all new parts and it boots up for 30 seconds and then powers down and does this over and over until I power off the PSU switch.

Specs:
Asrock mATX B450M Steel Legend
Ryzen 3 3200G with Wraithn Stealth Cooler
EVGA 600W 80+ PSU
Asus Strix 2GB GPU
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 LPX RAM 1x8GB
1TB HDD
Corsair Carbridge 175R Case

It’s my first time building a PC but everything is connected properly. I have tried stripping it down to just the PSU, MOBO and CPU and it does the same.

When I take the RAM out, the RGB on the MOBO blinks rapidly, the GPU fans start up and the PC stays on but the USBs and display doesn’t work, neither does the case fans.

I’m getting no display whatsoever, no beeps and I’ve tried the ram in different all slots.
Is it because I only have one stick of RAM?

I’ve had replacements for the MOBO, CPU and PSU and I’m still having the same problem.

I really don’t know what it could be, is everything compatible with one another?

The HDD I’m using is from my old PC. I realise I may need a new one and a fresh install of Windows 10 but surely that’s not the reason my PC is failing?

The CPU is properly seated and I reapplied thermal paste although maybe I didn’t use enough?

Please can somebody help me to resolve this as it’s been weeks now! ☹
Thanks
Have you tried booting without the HDD connected?

I’d put bets on it being the BIOS. You have a board that was released with the 2000 series so may well need a new bios to recognise the 3000 series chips.

Feb 18, 2020
Have you tried booting without the HDD connected?

I’d put bets on it being the BIOS. You have a board that was released with the 2000 series so may well need a new bios to recognise the 3000 series chips.

Just tried it now and still on a boot loop. The MOBO says it AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop ready though?

How do I change the BIOS?

Feb 18, 2020
How long are you leaving it to boot loop?

BIOS instructions should be in the manual.

have you tried every ram slot and checked your RAM is on the QVL list for the board?
The longest I’ve left it to boot loop is 30 minutes,

I have tried every RAM slot. I can see my RAM listed on the QVL list but not the exact model number..

The same goes for the CPU.

It says it supports Ryzen 3 3200G and Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz RAM but the exact model numbers aren’t listed.. would that be what’s causing it?

Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz C16 XMP 2.0
Yeah that's not supported, might be the issue. Also you have 8GB of 2400Mhz memory. If you want the 3200g to perform well you really need 2 sticks of ram at 3200Mhz. Zen really doesn't like slow RAM and pefers dual channel. An APU if you want to do anything with the iGPU will suffer the most with the 1 stick of slow RAM

Solution
Feb 18, 2020

Ok, I’ve arranged a return for the RAM and once I receive the refund I’ll be buying 2x8gb of compatible RAM.

The model number for the CPU is Ryzen 3 3200G YD3200C5FHBOX.

I don’t see the series number listed either for my MOBO, will I need to return that as well?

Thanks

Ok, I’ve arranged a return for the RAM and once I receive the refund I’ll be buying 2x8gb of compatible RAM.

The model number for the CPU is Ryzen 3 3200G YD3200C5FHBOX.

I don’t see the series number listed either for my MOBO, will I need to return that as well?

Thanks
No the CPU is fine. The code on the website id for an OEM part not a retail box. Only difference is yours came in a retail box with heatsink ;)

Feb 18, 2020
No the CPU is fine. The code on the website id for an OEM part not a retail box. Only difference is yours came in a retail box with heatsink ;)

Thanks for your reply :)

Could you tell me if this RAM is compatible with my MOBO?

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz

Series: CMW16GX4M2C3200C16

Thanks