[SOLVED] New Build; Strange Error

ScummyBrummy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
I've never experienced this before; I built a new PC with (first properly self built machine) an R9 3900x, RTX 2080 Super, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB, ROG Strix X570 E Gaming motherboard, ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 AIO, couple of 2.5" 2TB Firecudas, one I had to RMA. And a 1TB Samsung Evo NVME SSD.

Anyway on to the error, its incredibly intermittent and seems almost entirely random but it just black screens, audio cuts, video cuts, but my computer seems to be running totally fine, all the RGB is on, fans spinning, lights flashing etc, it's still running the effects, but I literally can not get a response or the screen to come back to life, or hear a damn thing.

I'm really worried. Any help is dearly appreciated.

Solution
I've never experienced this before; I built a new PC with (first properly self built machine) an R9 3900x, RTX 2080 Super, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB, ROG Strix X570 E Gaming motherboard, ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 AIO, couple of 2.5" 2TB Firecudas, one I had to RMA. And a 1TB Samsung Evo NVME SSD.

Anyway on to the error, its incredibly intermittent and seems almost entirely random but it just black screens, audio cuts, video cuts, but my computer seems to be running totally fine, all the RGB is on, fans spinning, lights flashing etc, it's still running the effects, but I literally can not get a response or the screen to come back to life, or hear a damn thing.

I'd recommend...

MSYF27

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019

I'd recommend running DDU and reinstalling drivers as a first step into troubleshooting the problem.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP-2B14Nckw&t=

Solution

It's a great looking system. Not sure what your problem is but I'd like to know what power supply you used. Please be specific.