Question New build stuck at motherboard screen ?

Sep 15, 2021
Hello
Hi guys
Just bought an used RX 580 4gb as i had already all the other parts like 1 year ago
I built everything in a new case and was testing the system.. once i switch it on .. it sticks at the motherboard screen.. DRAM and BOOT light are staying lit .. i changed the ram stick and tried a 2400mhz 4 gb stick memory and same issue.. removed the battery for 10 min to reset CMOS and return it back in and same issue
I also noted that when its stuck at motherboard screen when i try to restart the pc using keyboard ( control + alt + delete) nothing happens !!!
Please any suggestions!! Is it a motherboard issue or gpu ??

system components:

Mobo: asus rog b550f gaming
Cpu: ryzen 5600x ( also new part)
Gpu: RX 580
Ram: corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz 2x8gb
Psu: corsair hx850
Storage: m.2 1 tb

any help will be appreciated

Hello
Hi guys
Just bought an used RX 580 4gb as i had already all the other parts like 1 year ago
I built everything in a new case and was testing the system.. once i switch it on .. it stucks at the motherboard screen.. DRAM and BOOT light are staying lit .. i changed the ram stick and tried a 2400mhz 4 gb stick memory and same issue.. removed the battery for 10 min to reset CMOS and return it back in and same issue
I also noted that when its stuck at motherboard screen when i try to restart the pc using keyboard ( control + alt + delete) nothing happens !!!
Please any suggestions!! Is it a motherboard issue or gpu ??

system components:

Mobo: asus rog b550f gaming
Cpu: ryzen 5600x ( also new part)
Gpu: RX 580
Ram: corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz 2x8gb
Psu: corsair hx850
Storage: m.2 1 tb

any help will be appreciated
Are the ram on slot 2 and 4? could you enter bios?

Sorry, just re-read the post. with the 5600X, your motherboard needs a BIOS update to run the cpu, you need at least version 1004. Thankfully your board has BIOS Flashback so it should be easier to flash it. If you've never updated a BIOS before, read up/watch some videos to familiarise yourself with it all and make sure you read the instructions on your motherboards support page, ie, ''Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (RSB550FG.CAP) using BIOSRenamer"

Reactions: rickypicky5
Sep 15, 2021
Sorry, just re-read the post. with the 5600X, your motherboard needs a BIOS update to run the cpu, you need at least version 1004. Thankfully your board has BIOS Flashback so it should be easier to flash it. If you've never updated a BIOS before, read up/watch some videos to familiarise yourself with it all and make sure you read the instructions on your motherboards support page, ie, ''Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (RSB550FG.CAP) using BIOSRenamer"
Ok, I’ll try to update the BIOS, but you know what ? When i was trying to get in into BIOS I actually did 2 times .. i was able to go into BIOS check all components.. it was showing the processor 5600X with normal temperature, also the m.2 of 1 tb and the 2 sticks of ram 8gb each .. i did a restore factory settings …save and exit .. then same issue.. freezing at motherboard screen and couldn’t get into BIOS again .. after trying so many times it let me go into bios again then same issue ..

Sep 15, 2021
Update:
I tried once more to get it work and now it freezes as usual at motherboard screen but above the motherboard logo there is a message says : memory pmu training error at socket 0 channel 0 dimm 1

Sep 15, 2021
you could now try to reset bios (unplug psu from power plug, take off mobo battery, and press power button 10 secs) and use 1 stick on slot 2 or 4.
I already tried this .. no way … the DRAM light is lit, tried a new stick of ram just bought it to try as I thought my ram sticks are dead but same issue.. could be the ram slot in the motherboard??? I mean the problem comes from the motherboard???