[SOLVED] New Build stuck in Bios, can't load windows

Jan 7, 2023
Hey Guys,

I'm really stuck with this one.
I just built a new computer for my son, I'll post the specs below. I put everything together turned it on. Neither the dvd rom, nor the hard drive are recognized as bootable devices in the bios.
I started by unseating and reseating all of the components. I've changed chords and rechecked connections many times, thinking that something either was loose or I had a bad cable. I've moved the hard drive and dvd rom into different SATA ports on the motherboard. (I tried every combo I could) I've been all over the forums trying every suggestion I can find and I'm having no luck.

I haven't had this problem before, just built myself a computer last year, no issues there. I'm not sure what's going on here. Usually, when I build a computer I boot it, then insert the Windows disc into the DVD drive, make the DVD drive the first in line to boot from and it fires right up on restart. I could really use some help here.

The computer specs are:
GC - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
MB - Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
RAM - Gskill Ripjaws v series 32 GB (x2)
HD - Seagate Barracuda 8TB
PS - Corsair RM850X
DVR - LG M-Disc

Thanks for the help guys,
Phil

Jan 7, 2023
That worked on the first try. I pulled the CMOS battery out and left it for 5 minutes, had the microsoft disc in the DVROM drive and it fired right up. Thank you ubuysa for your help. That was driving me nuts.