New Build stuck in Restart Loop/No Video-- Tried Sticky Steps, New Components...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2018
I'm sure this is a common problem, so sorry for that. Just put together a new build, and am having a bit of problem with getting it to boot. No display, haven't gotten to BIOS yet, and runs for about ~30 seconds before shutting off and restarting once again. The fans start, LEDs light up, seems fine other than no display (have tested monitor with other computer) before the fans turn off and restart. All the fans turn on. I also have not the best clue what I'm doing, completely new to this, so if any of my parts are incompatible, that'd be nice to know.

This was both with everything plugged in, and having breadboxed it. (Only CPU, MB, and PSU plugged in.) I've already replaced the PSU, MB and CPU with new ones (Actually exchanged the MB twice...got a most certainly DOA one after exchanging it the first time, as my build wouldn't even start up with that one, but now I've got it to start up again only to have the boot loop.)

I've tried:
- New CPU, MB and PSU.
- Different case.
- Reset CMOS by jumper, not by battery.
- Bread-boarded it, outside the case on the motherboard's box.
- Put in a speaker, no beeps came through whatsoever.
- Left out reset button panel header plug-in.
- Checked BIOs compatibility on the mobo's website.

I've honestly no idea what could possibly be the problem. I'm pretty sure everything is plugged in correctly...I haven't tried new RAM, but would that be the problem even when it keeps restarting even without it? I'm positive I put the CPU in the right way, it fell into place, and I matched corners with the arrows, and I always used a anti-static band.

I'm at my wit's end! So thanks for any help at all.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Toshiba - 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake - Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop Case
Power Supply: EVGA - BT 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply/Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Mar 22, 2018

https://imgur.com/a/apgyx

Here you go! That's how we currently have it right now.

Mar 22, 2018

Still doesn't work, unfortunately. :(
(Accidentally clicked "select as best solution" when getting here from an email notification...oops.)

Mar 22, 2018

Yeah, it still restarts after about 30sec. And, no, no beeps. I haven't heard anything from the speaker-- I don't know if it's just the speaker not working or something else..

Mar 22, 2018

I don't have a 5V on hand, but I'll probably pick one up tomorrow-- how exactly do you test it?

I'm not sure what else I can try...could it possibly be something being incompatible, like the BIOS and the CPU? Even though the compatibility lists says it's fine.

Hard to say what's wrong. Try firstly making sure that the buzzer does work. Not necessary to buy a 5V source. You can put together 3x1.5V batteries and then connect the + and - to the speaker. See if any sound coming from it. It should work with 3V too.
Or, do you have a voltmeter?

Mar 22, 2018

Sorry for the late response! I figured it might've been possibly a CPU/BIOS compatibility problem, so I got an older CPU (AMD A6-9500) and thank god, with it, it finally booted! (And the speaker worked)

However, strangely enough, it beeped five short beeps whenever I had my Graphics card in (Which I read is "No VGA card", even though I had it set in and the fans were spinning?) I took it out, and then it started up perfectly fine, so I'm not entirely sure what that problem is-- any ideas?

Edit;;
I don't think it's the BIOS, as it says it's version 4.40....any idea what it could possibly be? I used two versions of the same CPU, so I feel like it can't be broken?

Thanks for any help!

polygonner

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah, it still restarts after about 30sec. And, no, no beeps. I haven't heard anything from the speaker-- I don't know if it's just the speaker not working or something else..
Helo gigg i just found this discussion here while i am facing the same problem with the same motherboard but with a ryzen 1800x cpu wtill having a bootloop with 30 seconds delay
if you have found a solution for your problem just let me know please
thx

DSzymborski

Titan
Helo gigg i just found this discussion here while i am facing the same problem with the same motherboard but with a ryzen 1800x cpu wtill having a bootloop with 30 seconds delay
if you have found a solution for your problem just let me know please
thx

The best way to seek help is to start a new thread with a complete history of your issue and your complete specs. The worst way is to necro a random thread with different hardware from three years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.