Arav13

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016
Greetings,

I have recently built my PC with the following list of parts:

i9-9900K
NZXT Kraken X72 Liquid Cooler
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
64Gb DDR4 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB (F4-3200C14Q-64GTZR)(4x16Gb KIT)
Samsung 970 Pro 1 Tb
GeForce GTX1660 Ti ASUS PCI-E 6144Mb
750W SeaSonic SSR-750TR Titanium
Fractal Design Define S2 Blackout TG Black

After about 4 days (today), I hit the power-on button on the front of the case and the display got stuck at the POST stage where you are given choices to either hit the F2 or Delete buttons to enter BIOS. I attempted to re-start the PC once via again the power-on button on the front. Windows still did not boot up. Then, I turned off the PC, toggled power to the power supply, disconnected the DisplayPort cable from the graphics card and plugged into the integrated port on mobo. I also disconnected the USB wired keyboard and connected it to another USB port. This time around I got Windows 10 X64 to boot up succesffuly.

Finally, I returned DisplayPort connection back to my primary graphics card and Windows booted up again (quickly as usual). What could cause this issue? Does this mean I have a faulty graphics card? The chances of the keyboard being the cause are slim. Another thought is the SSD… Please make suggestions for troubleshooting - guidance.

Arav13

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016
Any other ideas pointing to the graphics card? I doubt it would be the keyboard since it is also new as all of the rest of my components. Or should I be wiping my drive with a new "clean" copy of windows?