Question New build, system crashes after a few minutes

Apr 16, 2021
Hey, I have just built a new PC and everything booted fine. Duall channel is working, PC sees all the drives, windows was installed with no problems.

The issue is that randomly after a few minutes of booting the system the PC screen goes dark and there is no reaction. Fans are still spinning but the system doesn't react to anything, even to trying to power it down with holding power button. The only thing I can do is to cut the power in the PSU. Sometimes it takes even 30 minutes working in Windows before it crashes but sometimes it goes dark before I can get pass the logging screen. There is no message from windows about any errors.

Anyone knows what might be the issue? I don't have a dedicated speaker on the motherboard so I don't know if there any sounds coming out of it.

PC specs:
Ryzen 3 3100
Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
GeForce GT710 1GB DDR5
HyperX Fury 2x4GB 2666MHz
Samsung EVO M.2 250GB
Seasonic S12III 500

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I have just built a new PC and everything booted fine. Duall channel is working, PC sees all the drives, windows was installed with no problems.

The issue is that randomly after a few minutes of booting the system the PC screen goes dark and there is no reaction. Fans are still spinning but the system doesn't react to anything, even to trying to power it down with holding power button. The only thing I can do is to cut the power in the PSU. Sometimes it takes even 30 minutes working in Windows before it crashes but sometimes it goes dark before I can get pass the logging screen. There is no message from windows about any errors.

Anyone knows what might be the issue? I don't have a dedicated speaker on the motherboard so I don't know if there any sounds coming out of it.

PC specs:
Ryzen 3 3100
Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
GeForce GT710 1GB DDR5
HyperX Fury 2x4GB 2666MHz
Samsung EVO M.2 250GB
Seasonic S12III 500

Thanks in advance.
Windows newly installed ? All drivers updated ? Last BIOS version ?

Reactions: Kroopniock
Apr 16, 2021
Windows newly installed ? All drivers updated ? Last BIOS version ?
Yes, windows was just installed and updated. Cannot check now the bios date but it was 2020. It runs recent ryzen 3 3100 so it had to be updated recently. I am wondering if ssd can have anything to do with this. I have another drive which u forgot to list above which is 2.5 ssd kingston 480 GB.

TRENDING THREADS