[SOLVED] New Build, tons of fun and blue screen

empiregamer22

Honorable
Feb 6, 2015
So I just finished my build and upon first installing Windows 10 64 Bit with USB install media to my new Samsung 970 EVO NVME, the install crashed near the end. I got caught in a restart loop in which windows "could not proceed". I managed to go around this problem by doing some HKEY configuration by hitting alt+F11? And changing some value from 1 to 3. That managed to push the install forward to the creation of an account and such, all of this was done without being connected to the internet.

Once I was ready to connect to the internet to update everything to present, I couldn't connect via wifi (my only option in that room) . I have an ASUS X570 Plus WiFi and I had only connected/screwed in the wifi card AFTER windows 10 had finally installed , it was not showing up under network adapters in windows but IS showing up on the bios as "enabled". I then tried to reset all the networks on my pc and after the 5 minute countdown timer the pc rebooted and blue screened. Once the blue screen itself restarted I could log back into windows but now even the ethernet network is gone.

I kind of just want to reinstall windows entirely while the Asus wifi card is plugged in from the get go, i think that's where it all went wrong ....though I'm still curious what the first blue screen was about. Anyway, do i juat need to format my two ssd' and go through it again? I get prompted with a warning message when I try to format about "deleting important files from the manufacturer " , is that something I should be concerned with? I have absolutely zero files other than the install on my hard drives. Thanks for any info!

Solution
An update to my own thread.

Although the registry editor did help me to install Windows, I'd really love to know why this happened? Im not the kind of guy who is just happy with a solution, I'd like to know why the thing is or isnt functioning properly. Call me crazy but my idea is that an OS install shouldn't crash when its first installed and necessitate the user inputting variables through the directory. Any clarity would be great.

As a result of my failed attempt to get the WiFi card to work and erasure of the ethernet connection, I decided to clean install windows again to see if that remedied the issue . Now I finally have everything running in what appears to be a normal fashion, drivers updated on the MoBo and GPU, but when I...

empiregamer22

Honorable
Feb 6, 2015
An update to my own thread.

Although the registry editor did help me to install Windows, I'd really love to know why this happened? Im not the kind of guy who is just happy with a solution, I'd like to know why the thing is or isnt functioning properly. Call me crazy but my idea is that an OS install shouldn't crash when its first installed and necessitate the user inputting variables through the directory. Any clarity would be great.

As a result of my failed attempt to get the WiFi card to work and erasure of the ethernet connection, I decided to clean install windows again to see if that remedied the issue . Now I finally have everything running in what appears to be a normal fashion, drivers updated on the MoBo and GPU, but when I reinstalled windows, I dont think I deleted all the partitions accurately and upon one of the startups I was immediately brought to BIOS even though the boot drive had the OS on it, I had to boot override to get to the windows login screen.

Now I've stumbled on yet another problem, when i went to go screencap the hardrives under the "create and format" option I get this message screencap

However I just restarted and now I CAN access the format option? Which I will attach the partition image here> Partitions

Last edited:
Solution