Question New Build - too noisy!

khill0

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
I just built a mini-ITX system with the NZXT H210 case, 3700X, ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1660 SUPER and ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING. I'm happy with it except for one thing - too noisy! I don't know if it is the GPU fans or the CPU fans that are the culprit. But, I've been used to a silent case and the H210 is louder than I would like. Great looking case but too loud.

Two questions:

1. Recommendation for the quiet/silent Mini-ITX case
  2. How can I try to figure out if it is the CPU or GPU that is making all of the noise. Just using stock coolers on both.

Thanks!

I just built a mini-ITX system with the NZXT H210 case, 3700X, ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1660 SUPER and ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING. I'm happy with it except for one thing - too noisy! I don't know if it is the GPU fans or the CPU fans that are the culprit. But, I've been used to a silent case and the H210 is louder than I would like. Great looking case but too loud.

Two questions:

2. How can I try to figure out if it is the CPU or GPU that is making all of the noise. Just using stock coolers on both.
Thanks!
Almost all of the GPU's out there when the graphics card dont do something important like browsing the fans wont spin at all. Because i have a 3700X and i recenlty changed the stock wraith prism cooler it is a good looking cooler , do the job for cooling the CPU at stock speeds but its really noisy.

Two questions:

Thanks!
You could replace the stock CPU cooler with something quiet like a Noctua NH-U12A or Arctic liquid freezer II

khill0

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
I ended up replacing the stock cooler with a low profile Noctua cooler (NH-L9a-AM4) and replaced both case fans with Noctua fans as well. Very quiet now. We'll have to see if temps are going to be OK but for now, I'm happy.

Reactions: Flayed