Asus TUF B450M
Ryzen 5 3600
2x8 Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz cl18
Sapphire rx580 8gb
Crucial PT1 1TB m.2
Corsair CX550M

Things that went through my mind :
  • Should i go mATX or ATX - cons/pros ?
  • From a lil bit of research i've made i found out that ryzen cpu's loves fast memory, so i've switched from 3000mhz cl15 to the 3600mhz cl18 that's mentioned in the specs - smart move?
  • I thought of saving money by downgrading motherboard and cpu to get the rx5700 something like getting ryzen 2600 instead of 3600 and some cheaper motherboard but then in 2nd thought i dont even have 1440p monitor and the rx580 is enough to run this days titles smooth on fhd. Should i mabey do it anyway ? Mabey it'll be a smart move to do and will save me an upgrade in the future ? Let me know what's your opinion...
  • Not sure if to get 550w or 650w for this build i need your professional word here. Also if i'll decide to downgrade cpu and motherboard and get the rx5700 as i wrote above should i change psu ?
Thanks in advanced, Afik .

Solution
bump

Is my post bad or something? ( Am not getting as much help as i thought )
I really need more opinions on this subject i'm so close to make a purchase...

Thanks, Afik.
I am assuming your pc is for gaming. An rx 580 won't get you 60fps in all modern titles at 1080p. I would get a faster gpu
There's a lot of questions here that it warrants to ask, what is your budget overall? If you're rig is feeling slow but you want to upgrade while still staying low-tier, you'll end up needing an upgrade sooner or later anyway, so to get the most bang for your buck what is your budget so we decide what you can truly sacrifice for better components.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
There's a lot of questions here that it warrants to ask, what is your budget overall? If you're rig is feeling slow but you want to upgrade while still staying low-tier, you'll end up needing an upgrade sooner or later anyway, so to get the most bang for your buck what is your budget so we decide what you can truly sacrifice for better components.

Hay, thank you for your quick reply.
I'd love to pay something between 900-950$ and before you go and say that my build is alot below that
taxes in my country are high so basically a purchase of 700$ from amazon will end up beeing 900$
I'd say my budget is 750$ amazon prices .

Hay, thank you for your quick reply.
I'd love to pay something between 900-950$ and before you go and say that my build is alot below that
taxes in my country are high so basically a purchase of 700$ from amazon will end up beeing 900$
I'd say my budget is 750$ amazon prices .

A build like this would do you fine for a few years.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fv9wV7

You will need to save up a bit more money, maybe like a hundred more, but trust me buying low end components will end up costing you more in the long run. Since games become more demanding you will end up needing to upgrade sooner than later. So having a slight mid tier will keep you going till you've saved up for a new rig at an appropriate time.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
A build like this would do you fine for a few years.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fv9wV7

You will need to save up a bit more money, maybe like a hundred more, but trust me buying low end components will end up costing you more in the long run. Since games become more demanding you will end up needing to upgrade sooner than later. So having a slight mid tier will keep you going till you've saved up for a new rig at an appropriate time.

Thanks alot for reply, i'd love to get more perspectives...

MSI do good B450 boards, Asus do good X570 boards.

Hay, i for sure dont need more then the B450 for this build i'll look into msi motherboards.
Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS