Question New build turns on , no display or beeps or usb power

Jun 12, 2020
Hi

I recently brought a B450 pro M2 Max and Ryzen 5 3600X, plugged in my GTX 980

when I boot it up, it just turns on but don’t beep or display a signal Or seems to have any usb power , when I hold the Power button to turn it back off it don’t do anything I have to flick the power supply off switch to turn it off ,

I am trying to use HDMI from the GPU , not sure if it’s worth if I try the GPU DVA port? Also I have read about maybe the bios need a update but I can’t see my bios so not sure how I could update the bios lol

Kind regards

raymond

Jun 12, 2020
No difference , should the jumper stay on some pins ? As has 4 pins or be totally removed when turning it back on? Also the motherboard has DEBUg LED lights and the CPU is light up , but it seems properly installed I have reseated it, only all got delivered yesterday as well

No difference , should the jumper stay on some pins ? As has 4 pins or be totally removed when turning it back on? Also the motherboard has DEBUg LED lights and the CPU is light up , but it seems properly installed I have reseated it, only all got delivered yesterday as well
The jumper should stay on some pins, in the neutral position, but it can also be removed completely.
Can you boot with no drive connected and get into the BIOS?

Jun 12, 2020
Nope nothing , all fans and GPU light turns on and seem to be working but I just get nothing on display and the power button don’t work some reason ie I hold it down to force it off and nothing happens

Jun 12, 2020
Nope , still same problem, I googled it and its a well known issue with the motherboards and cpu apparently , if I remove the battery and put it back in then restart it after about 2-3 restarts it will let me boot into the bios but that’s it , Soon as I try to load pc it restarts and Goes back to no display , or if I try to load flasher it restarts (that’s how it loads the flasher) but again The display won’t come back on , then I have to remove battery and then put it back in and then it will let me back into the bios again

Nope , still same problem, I googled it and its a well known issue with the motherboards and cpu apparently , if I remove the battery and put it back in then restart it after about 2-3 restarts it will let me boot into the bios but that’s it , Soon as I try to load pc it restarts and Goes back to no display , or if I try to load flasher it restarts (that’s how it loads the flasher) but again The display won’t come back on , then I have to remove battery and then put it back in and then it will let me back into the bios again
Have you tried contacting MSI customer support on their website? Do they say this combination of motherboard and CPU will not work?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020
Corsair CX500

specs are :
B450M pro M2 Max

Ryzen 5 3600X

GTX980

2X 4GB Corsair ram

ssd

so when I first turn on the pc the cpu light is on the motherboard and the fans work but no Screen or keyboard light , if I switch the power supply switch on and off really fast twice the cpu light will be on for a second but then it goeS and the pc will boot up like normal but then some reason it gets to the login part and I login but then the screen will go black and the keyboard light will be off even though the fan on cpu will keep spinning like normal , it let me use it for about 10 mins but then The screen went black again